Pictures of psoriasis at an early stage of development can help you identify the disease.
It is very important to understand that in different people the disease can manifest in different ways - they differ in the degree of intensity, dissemination activity, injury sites and other factors.
The first priority is to identify the symptoms and then immediately start treatment for the initial stage of psoriasis.
Features and symptoms of the early stage
If you know exactly what the initial stage of psoriasis looks like, you can literally start treating the disease right away. The initial symptoms have characteristic signs, which makes it possible to treat psoriasis at an early stage even before a doctor's appointment.
Yes, not everyone has the opportunity to visit a dermatologist promptly in the early stage of the disease. Therefore, home treatment with simple means is relevant. They can be folk remedies and recipes, non-hormonal ointments or non-hormonal medications.
What does psoriasis look like in the early stages of its manifestation? Pay attention to the condition of your skin.
The main signs of the onset of psoriasis are:
- Rash on different parts of the body, with a bright color and clear edges. Particularly prone to these skin rashes are the places on the skin that have recently suffered a burn, cut or hypothermia. The primary signs can appear 7 to 14 days after damage to the skin;
- Peeling at the rash. They form in the center of the plates;
- Itching. Psoriatic plaques and papules gradually start to itch. But not all psoriasis itches, so these symptoms are not universal. It manifests itself in about half of the patients.
Initially, the papules in the early stages, that is, the spines, are very small. Its shape is hemispherical and the surface is smooth and shiny. After a few days, the rashes increase in size and light scales form on top of them.
If you scrape these scales from the disease and find three characteristic phenomena, you can accurately determine that you have psoriasis in the early stage.
- Stearin stains. The scales must be removed from the surface of the papules very easily, even if you literally touch them a little.
- Movie. The thermal film appears after the flakes are removed. The skin underneath is red, thin and moist. The surface of the wheal without scales is shiny.
- Dew. After scraping the scales and removing them, drops of blood appear in their place.
Initial symptoms usually last for several weeks. During this period, it is extremely important to start effective treatment. If you ignore the disease, the papules can grow to 3-8 centimeters, merge into a single whole and affect large areas of the skin.
Initial manifestations of psoriasis
The initial stage of the disease course is accompanied by localization in different parts of the body. It is almost impossible to predict exactly where psoriasis occurs. But it is possible to accurately identify how psoriasis manifests itself in certain parts of the body during the early stages of the disease.
Most of the time, they suffer mainly in the first stage:
How does psoriasis manifest in the body or in other areas?
- Elbows.In ulnar psoriasis, the photos of the initial stage make it clear that here the person deals mainly with the plaque form of the disease. The main symptom is small red skin rashes. Skin rashes quickly become covered with scales. The skin is very rough.
- Legs.As in the case of elbows, small unique rashes form on the legs, gradually increasing in number and increasing in size. Often, the first papules are found in the area of the feet or knees. But in some cases, the lesions affect other surfaces of the legs.
- Head.There are two types of lesions - the skin or the hairy part. The areas behind the ears and the back of the head are the first to suffer. The papules that form on the head are usually accompanied by unpleasant itching. The papules themselves are characterized by moisture and cracks.
- Nails.The photo allows you to clearly understand that nail psoriasis is in many ways similar to the manifestations of a fungus. Firstly, longitudinal grooves are formed or a kind of depressions appear at the edges of the nails. Then the disease spreads to the root of the nails. Gradually, the nail plate becomes opaque and visibly thick. As the disease progresses, the nails gradually detach, detaching from the finger. There is nothing pleasant about it, so it is highly recommended to see a doctor right away. He will prescribe the appropriate medication for external and internal use.
- Face.Fortunately for many people, especially women, facial psoriasis is a very rare form of the disease. But if you happen to encounter this, you can determine by the formation of red papules on the eyelids, lips and nose, close to the eyes and eyebrows. In addition, psoriasis can appear on the cheeks, forming a fine-meshed appearance. Situations of psoriasis neoplasms on the lips, tongue and oral mucosa are extremely rare.
- Hands.If psoriasis affects the hands, the flexible parts of the hands - fingers and elbows - are usually the first to suffer. Externally, psoriasis on the hands resembles wounds. There are situations of papule formation on the surface of the palms. In this course of the disease, psoriasis usually also affects the feet.
Techniques for treating psoriasis
After discovering the main signs of the disease, you should see a doctor immediately and start getting rid of the disease. The problem for many is that they start treatment late. And the treatment of psoriasis requires a complex, focused on internal and external effects.
The essence of complex treatment is the use of several methods simultaneously:
- Medication.Its essence is taking medication. They are all divided into hormonal and non-hormonal. In the early stages, only non-hormonal drugs are prescribed. Only in case of worsening of the condition and acute development of psoriasis should you switch to hormonal medications, antibiotics and other medications.
- External impact.Here we are talking about the use of ointments, creams and shampoos. Also used are lotions, balms, all kinds of decoctions and baths prepared according to popular recipes. Ointments are recognized as the most effective treatment for psoriasis. In this case, the ointments are hormonal and not hormonal. As with medications, use only non-hormonal ointments in the early stages. They are quite effective, but they do not have a number of contraindications and side effects.
- Physiotherapy.The patient may receive a prescription for ultraviolet radiation, PUVA therapy, electro-sleep or other hospitalization procedures. Physiotherapy is treated most effectively in sanatoriums and resorts.
- Adequate nutrition.It is very important to change your lifestyle if, due to the abuse of alcohol, junk food or cigarettes, there is an impulse for the manifestation of the disease. Often, excluding harmful products and getting rid of addictions, the person's condition normalizes and psoriasis goes a long way without disturbing them. Fact proven in practice.
In the early stages of a disease like psoriasis, it can be detected and treated. This is the most beneficial scenario for the patient, as it requires a minimum of effort, time and money to suppress psoriasis.