When does a person get skin rashes, some ignore them for a long time, believing that they "do pass". If you ignore the first signs of such serious diseases as psoriasis or eczema, the consequences can be bad. To a dermatologist will not be difficult to distinguish them from each other and choose the right treatment. But the ability to refer to specialists is not always available. That will help determine the type of rash and to understand whether it is psoriasis or eczema?
Similarities between psoriasis and eczema
Between psoriasis and eczema there are indeed obvious to the naked eye similarities, because of which many confuse these diseases. Both the disease affects the skin. And for psoriasis and eczema is characterized by the same parts of the body that suffer first. In both cases, they are the hands and feet (in about 80% of cases).
Another similarity is that both diseases can occur in various forms. For example, they may be characterized by profuse desquamation. The same is the pathogenesis of both diseases. To provoke their return can share the same causes: excessive alcohol consumption and poor diet, hormonal failures, problems with the immune system of the body, etc.
What is the difference between psoriasis from eczema?
All differences between psoriasis and eczema more than the similarities. If this disease is mainly to external manifestations, their difference becomes obvious upon closer observation of the course of the disease.
For psoriasis there are some effects that are not observed in eczema:
- Stearin macula. Notably in that case, if you remove the top scales. The more they remove, the more new appears;
- The effect of wet film. If you remove absolutely all scales of plaque, the surface will remain visible film of liquid transparent color with a pinkish tinge;
- Bloody dew. If you remove the film, which was formed after removing the scales, spotting a small volume.
Dermatologists pay attention to other salient differences:
- eczema more severe itching and burning;
- spots with eczema do not have a clear path, which is not true of psoriatic plaques;
- peel on rashes eczema gray-yellow, and with white psoriasis;
- eczema affects soft areas of skin (e.g., creases), and psoriasis solid (e.g. knees, elbows);
- the surface of rashes, psoriasis, dry skin looks extremely dry in the area around the plaques and eczema it wet.
To accurately diagnose a particular disease, you need to know its features:
- Features of psoriasis. The disease manifests itself in the form of rashes that can affect up to 70% of the area of the skin. Spots are characterized by high dryness, scaly and have a red or bright Burgundy shade. There are some body parts that rarely affects eczema, but often the psoriasis – nails and the scalp. Distinctive features of psoriasis, to recognize which is enough to work with one of the plaques is a "triad" of the effects given above: the effect of stearin spot, a wet film and a bloody dew;
- Features of eczema. Rashes do not have a clear contour and a definite shape. The disease never affects the nail plate, as this body part is too hard. Eczema has several forms: reflex, microbial, atopic. The last one is the most common, it is associated with problems in the immune system of the body. Eczema often develops on the background of serious disruption of the nerve, the constant stress and other psychological problems. Often the treatment becomes complicated due to secondary infections if the scratching itchy spots infection occurs.
What is allergic dermatitis
Allergic dermatitis is another common skin disease. Inflammatory process that triggers it associated with exposure to irritant allergen, which is not tolerated by the body. This substance can be any element, and the problem is not in himself, but how his skin reacts individually.
Most often allergens are:
- Nickel (any jewelry: rings, earrings, etc.);
- latex (gloves, condoms, baby pacifiers);
- drugs that have individual intolerance (often antibiotics);
- cosmetics for skin care;
- certain materials used in the manufacture of clothing (synthetic, rubber, etc.);
- substances containing toxins (for example, any paints) and t.. D.
The development of eczema depends on several factors, the main of which is the length of time during which the allergen had an irritating effect on the skin, the person's age and overall health.
Symptoms of allergic dermatitis changes with time. First, the skin appear red spots, usually large in size. Often, this symptom is ignored, leading to the development of next – of the formation of small bubbles. During the inflammatory process, they are gradually burst and in their place remains moist skin blemishes. If you ignore this symptom, it can form crusts, which crack constantly, what is causing the bleeding.
How to treat psoriasis
Psoriasis treatment requires a comprehensive approach. It is usually necessary to combine the use of drugs for external use, inside and dieting. To determine which drugs are best to prescribe, you need to understand the cause that triggered the disease.
For example, if precipitation was a signal to the immune system of the body, then, first of all, you need to start taking drugs inside, to strengthen it. If the disease originated in the nervous system, to start treatment you need to work on the psychological state of a person. Experienced dermatologists first determine the cause, then study the peculiarities of the organism, and only then pick up the drugs.
There is also a lot of popular recipes that many also effectively used to combat psoriasis. For example, the popular ointment based on solidol. You can buy them ready made, but you can make your own. Easy to prepare is an ointment based on solidol, honey and egg yolk.
If treatment of folk recipes do not give the desired result, it is important not to delay treatment to the experts.
Ointment of psoriasis can be divided into two main groups: hormonal-based and not. Some dermatologists prescribe first one, others are calling can not do hormonal products. Consider in more detail each group.
Hormonal ointments is the most common kind of medications of psoriasis. Opponents of such funds talk about the danger of side effects after application and even in case of stopping treatment. Doctors explain that hormonal drugs for oral administration is dangerous because can negatively affect the immune system, triggering failures in its work. Remedies for external use this ability can't have, so the only necessary requirement for the safety of the treatment is not too prolonged use (to avoid habituation) and blurred ending.
The absolute advantage of hormonal ointments of psoriasis is their efficiency and the speed of reaching the desired result. After a few minutes after application usually brings relief, eliminates unpleasant symptoms such as severe itching and burning sensation and also stops the inflammatory process. Of course, single use hormone cream will not be enough, typically the duration of the application is a few weeks.
Ointments that do not have a hormonal basis, are also frequently used to treat psoriasis. Often dishes are prepared using traditional recipes.
Among the advantages of this choice of treatment can be significantly lower cost, safety and the minimum number of contraindications. Non-hormonal ointment of psoriasis are divided into several groups:
- Traditional ointment: Ichthyol, tar, Naftalan, Kartalinia. These drugs have a high degree of efficiency by providing antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and analgesic actions. The main disadvantage is the inconvenience of their use. They all have sharp, unpleasant smell, long soak, so spoil clothes and require frequent application;
- Keraslysis. These funds most effectively accelerate the healing process of the plaque. This becomes possible by enhancing the process of exfoliation of dead cells. In addition to anti-inflammatory, keraslysis have a strong antimicrobial action;
- Herbal ointments. Despite their prevalence, physicians are encouraged to refer to the use of such drugs wisely, using them not as a primary means of treatment, and as an additional therapy. Anti-inflammatory and healing effect that will have herbal ointments, perfectly complement the effects of the main drugs used for the treatment of psoriasis;
- Moisturizing ointments and creams. They should be applied, as well as herbal drugs, as tools to enhance the effect of the main drugs. Moisturizing ointments have a beneficial effect on the condition of the skin, and this happens on a cellular level that accelerates the regeneration of the damaged plaques plots.
The treatment of eczema
Treatment of eczema by a doctor-dermatologist, taking into account individual characteristics of the organism and the disease. Therapy consists of several factors: the impact on the affected area of the skin drugs for external use, eliminating its contact with irritants, the diet. When the advanced form of the disease may be necessary to use more serious drugs such as antibiotics.
To eliminate itching, which are characteristic of eczema from the very beginning of its development, often prescribed Allergy medications. They can be used both for ingestion and for external use. Also often for the treatment are appointed by lotions or compresses with antiseptic drugs. For faster resolution of the inflammatory process, it is desirable to start administration of funds that contain in their composition the corticosteroids.
Psoriasis, eczema, atopic dermatitis - therapeutic nutrition
Nutritional therapy is an indispensable part of the therapy of any disease of the skin. For some it is strange, because at first glance, the rashes on the skin are in no way connected with the condition of the stomach and digestive system. However, any dermatologist without a doubt confirm this relationship.
For psoriasis, eczema and other similar diseases, are given the same advice on nutrition. It should be noted that this diet is not particularly hard, so if you want to it very quickly get used to it.
From the diet should exclude fatty, fried and spicy. Special emphasis should be done on the use of plant food, vegetables and fruits (but not citrus, to avoid the possible action of allergens). Strictly prohibited are products such as coffee and alcohol. Sometimes, especially with eczema, dermatologists recommend fasting days. At this time it is best to use neutral products from freshly squeezed juices (Apple, vegetable, carrot). If you have any questions about nutrition you can consult with your dermatologist.