Psoriasis is a chronic skin disease that is difficult to treat. Psoriatic plaques appear in various parts of the body, causing many disorders and suffering to the patient. A noticeable cosmetic defect worsens relationships with others, causes complexes to develop.
The treatment of psoriasis requires an integrated approach. Untimely seeking medical help has serious consequences: the disease can be hereditary. Compliance with the doctor's recommendations will relieve suffering, reduce the manifestations of psoriasis.
Causes of the occurrence
Skin disease is of great interest to researchers. Doctors have only guesses, factors that can cause psoriasis. The most common cause of psoriasis is a genetic predisposition. However, dermatologists have not yet reached a consensus: "Why does psoriasis appear? "
There are two theories:
- the first one says: scaly lichen develops when epidermal cell maturation, reproduction and differentiation are disturbed. Autoimmune processes play a secondary role;
- second hypothesis: the cause of skin lesions is a malfunction of the immune system. Problems with the normal functioning of epidermal cells are secondary.
- lack of vitamins and minerals in the body due to the small amount of vegetables and fruits on the menu;
- impaired nervous health due to frequent stress;
- strong drug abuse;
- metabolic disorders due to inadequate nutrition;
- decreased immunity after infectious diseases.
- hypertensive patients;
- obese people;
- people who drink alcohol excessively;
- patients undergoing chemotherapy courses, treatment with corticosteroids, strong antibiotics.
Symptoms and stages of the disease
Stages of psoriatic eruptions:
- initial stage. Other areas appear on the elbows, pink or reddish papules, covered with scales of heterogeneous structure. Over time, the rash occupies an increasingly larger area, redness of the skin appears, swelling and itching develops;
- most symptoms appear in people who are sick of drugs. In the risk group - people who have suffered psychoemotional trauma;
- The next stage is the emergence of the Kebner phenomenon. After scratches, abrasions, wounds and bleeding areas appear on the body. Gradually they merge, forming symmetrical lines and plates. Nails are often affected;
- third stage. The rash becomes brighter, the plaques take on a clear outline, the affected areas turn blue, itch, peel;
- The symptoms gradually disappear. The peeling goes first, then the color of the epidermis is restored. The final step is the reabsorption of the infiltrates, improving the condition of the skin.
Is psoriasis contagious? Is it possible to get sick when communicating, shaking hands, playing together, having sex? The answer is no! "The nature of the pathology is different, there are no viruses and fungi on the skin. Do not push the psoriasis patient away from you! It is already difficult for him. Support the person morally.
Locations of location:
- elbow joints. Relatively light shape. Groups of plates with well-defined edges appear symmetrically on both arms. Color - salmon or pinkish red;
- clapping. The disease is characterized by keratinization of surfaces, flaking, intense itching;
- ears and scalp. Psoriatic rashes appear inside and outside the auricles, on the head. In case of unexpected itching inside the ears, it is recommended to consult a dermatologist immediately;
- legs. Often plaques, redness and itching in the lower limbs appear simultaneously with rashes on the hands. Outwardly, the manifestations of the disease are similar;
- back. Scaly lichen affects several areas on the back. The rash takes the form of a tear. Often, the rash resembles ordinary plaques;
- face. In this area, rashes appear less frequently. On the eyebrows, in the area of the nasolabial folds, small papules appear near the eyes. In isolated cases, the formations covered by scales are visible on the lips.
Diagnosis of the disease
A dermatologist or therapist can easily diagnose psoriasis by its characteristics. Sometimes a biopsy of the affected skin is necessary. The microscopic piece is sent for laboratory research.
The method of hemoscaning a drop of blood is widely publicized. Special computer programs and a high power electron microscope are used.
Experts recommend abandoning the services of "doctors" who have no medical training. Quacks usually use only this method to diagnose various illnesses, without worrying about further research.
Be sure to visit a dermatologist, therapist. An experienced doctor will tell you whether you have psoriasis or not based on clinical signs.
How to cure psoriasis? Complex therapy will help to eliminate unpleasant symptoms, to improve the patient's condition. In many cases, the treatment is long-term, with subsequent action of triggering factors, and relapses may occur.
Experts recommend the use of not only medicines, but also popular recipes, diets and physiotherapy methods. The patient must strictly follow the doctor's prescriptions.
Both topical and systemic drugs are used:
- ointments and gels for psoriasis.
Physiotherapy is effective:
- phototherapy; ultraviolet irradiation
- laser therapy;
Nutrition for psoriasis
The patient is required to follow a hypoallergenic diet for psoriasis. It is necessary to consume as little food as possible that causes blood flow to the affected skin. It is important to emphasize foods rich in vitamins and minerals.
- spicy dishes;
- smoked products; alcohol
- red pepper, black pepper and other spices; coffee
- hot drinks.
- sweets; whole milk;
- vegetables, berries.
Folk remedies and recipes
After consulting a dermatologist or therapist, add homemade methods to your medications, physiotherapy treatments. Effective ointments, decoctions of medicinal herbs, lotions and baths will improve the condition, relieve itching, burning.
Treatment of psoriasis at home with folk remedies. Best recipes:
- baths of string and sea salt.Prepare a decoction: per liter of water - 2 tablespoons. me. turns. Pour 4 tablespoons into the tub. me. sea salt, pour the strained broth. The duration of the procedure is 20 minutes. An excellent soothing and drying agent;
- decoction of medicinal herbs.Prepare in 0, 5 liters of water a teaspoon of nettle, burdock root, licorice and calamus, a sequence. Boil for 5 minutes, let it ferment. Clean the affected areas with a curative broth several times a day;
- tea from dandelion roots, nettle leaves, St. John's worttake orally. The drink perfectly cleanses the blood, boosts immunity, soothes;
- herbal lotions.Take 4 tbsp. me. celandine, add marigold, string, motherwort, chamomile (all herbs will need 2 tbsp. l. ). Pour in a liter of hot water, heat in a water bath. Gauze moistened with broth, apply to painful areas twice a day;
- homemade ointment.Combine fish oil, pine resin, aloe juice, olive oil, sulfur and birch tar in equal proportions. Add the same amount of celandine, aromatic herbs, pour a few drops of hawthorn oil. Let it ferment, strain. Lubricate the affected areas daily. The tool soothes the skin, reduces itching, heals wounds;
- applying birch tarto the elbows, ears and other areas affected by scaly lichen manifestations has a good effect;
- Monastery tea for psoriasis.A drink based on medicinal herbs will facilitate the course of the disease.
Skin psoriasis in children
Chronic illness occurs in babies and older children. Most cases of psoriasis are seen in preschoolers and elementary school children.
- spots, blisters, red spots appear on the skin;
- gradually the rash increases, flaking appears;
- the body itches, the crusts crack, painful areas appear.
The main places where the lesions are located:
- elbows; knees
- legs, arms;
- psoriasis sometimes affects the nails.
The diagnosis is straightforward. Pronounced symptoms are difficult to confuse with the manifestations of other diseases.
- hormonal imbalance;
- some medicines;
- genetic predisposition;
- respiratory diseases;
- abrupt climate change.
- proper skin care; ascorbic acid
- ; vitamin B12;
- ointments and gels;
Herbal baths with chamomile, milleft, celandine and succession give a good effect. Soothing rates help to improve sleep. In severe cases, the doctor will prescribe sleeping pills.
Sometimes a child needs to be hospitalized to relieve acute symptoms. Don't give up on the hospital. Dropper, injections significantly relieve the condition.
Tip!Don't prescribe potent drugs on your own. Doctors are trying to use fewer drugs with toxic effects.
There are no specific precautions for this serious skin condition. For this reason, many people suffer from unpleasant symptoms for many years.
Sometimes psychological trauma is as serious as occasional skin rashes and itching during exacerbations. Try to ease the course of the disease.
What else can you do:
- avoid hypothermia;
- maintain the environment with ideal humidity;
- take good care of the epidermis;
- create a peaceful environment in the family;
- , if necessary, change jobs to avoid stressful situations and other harmful influences;
- don't hurt your skin.
Remember- you are not alone in your problems. The diagnosis of psoriasis is recorded in the outpatient records of hundreds of thousands of people. Do not despair, even with such a serious illness you can live without losing hope for the future. Communicate, seek support from loved ones, follow doctors' recommendations. Try to keep the disease from surrounding you.