Psoriasis on the hands is still not fully understood disease. Pharmaceutical industry created tools that allow you with 100% efficiency to get rid of the symptoms of the disease. This files most often diagnosed psoriasis on my fingers. This disease is not considered deadly, but for advanced forms brings a lot of uncomfortable symptoms for patients. The disease can provoke complications such as psoriatic arthritis and problems in the musculoskeletal system. Therefore, it is necessary to know how and what to treat psoriasis on the hands at the first signs.
The types of the disease
Pathology manifests itself in different symptomatic pattern depending on the shape of the disease and localization of lesions. To recognize the disease, it is important to know what distinguishes one form from another.
Psoriasis on the fingers. When the disease affected areas appear as small scales. The development problems of these areas become inflamed. Symptomatic picture is exacerbated in the autumn-winter period, when human body is lacking minerals and vitamins.
Lose hands. This form is diagnosed in 25% of cases. Typical symptoms of psoriasis of the hands – the roughness of the skin, the appearance of stains by their appearance is similar to corn. Lesions are very itchy, causing discomfort to the patient.
Psoriasis on the palms. Risk factors for the disease include people who regularly experience physical activity. The first signs of trouble manifest themselves in small patches covered with a silvery crust. After small psoriatic papules become larger. In the absence of therapeutic interventions rash striking the lateral surface of the palms. Psoriasis, which occurs on the palms of the hands, accompanied by regular itching which eventually cause sleep disorders and nervousness of the patient.
Artropaticheskiy type of problem – the most severe form of disease that affects the joints. In the early stages of disease development affects the bone structure, and then in the pathological process involved the larger joints. The characteristic symptom of this type of disease – pain in the bones, which is not accompanied by abnormal spots on the skin.
Pustuleznyy psoriasis. The disease develops on the background of infectious pathologies, severe emotional stress or hormonal failure in the body. Rashes look like small ulcers with clear boundaries. Most often the rash is located on the territory of the thumb and little finger. This patient does not have General ill health.
Psoriaticheskaya eritrodermiya. Pathology is manifested on the background of common forms of the disease when exposed to irritants. The difference between this type of problem from others is that the rash spread throughout the body. eritrodermiya occurs on the background of a sharp deterioration and inflammation of the regional lymph nodes.
Psoriasis is not contagious through casual contact. So the fear of infection from a sick person is not worth it.
Causes and symptoms
The mechanism of development of psoriasis is still not fully understood. Doctors point to several reasons for the infection and predisposing to disease factors. One category of specialists to refer to the pathology of autoimmune disorders in the body, the other to the hereditary forms of diseases and disorders of the nervous system.
Among the causes of psoriasis are also noted:
- the weakening of protective forces of organism;
- an unbalanced diet;
- bad habits;
- frequent stressful situation;
- moved pathology of viral, fungal or bacterial origin;
- the changing climatic zones;
- prolonged use of certain groups of drugs – antibiotics, beta-blockers, antidepressants.
A predisposing factor for the occurrence of psoriasis on the hands is excessive hygiene. Cosmetics and washcloths deprive the skin's natural protection and cause injuries on its surface.
In its development the problem has 4 stages:
- The initial stage. The disease manifests itself in small spots on the hands. Papules have sharp outlines and smooth surface. Psoriasis at the initial stage is similar with vulgar warts on hands. After a few days of rash grow and begin to peel off. In the early development of the pathology the papules are localized between the fingers, and then spread to other areas.
- A progressing stage. It is noted the appearance of new lesions on the skin. The spots become more vivid. The main reason for the appearance of this stage of the problem – minor damage of the epidermis.
- Stationary phase. The period is characterized by reduction of the clinical picture of the disease – stops the skin peeling, rash bluish shades.
- Regressivnaya stage. The main symptoms of period, no peeling of the epidermis, resorption of papules.
In the photo you can see what it looks like psoriasis at every stage of development. If you suspect a problem it is important to immediately consult a specialist and do not self-medicate. To identify this issue will also allow the characteristic signs of psoriasis:
- increased dryness of the epidermis;
- thickening of the skin surface;
- cracking efflorescence;
- the appearance of calluses elements in the center of the plaque;
- merging individual papules in General the lesion.
The defeat of the nail symptoms differ from psoriasis on the hands. The characteristics of the type of disease – the thickening of the plate bundle. Nail color changes, and through them can be considered rash, framed by a bright red rim.
Patients confuse psoriasis with eczema on hands, though it is different skin diseases. The main difference between the pathologies is that in eczema the lesions are blurred, and in this disease the lesions are clear boundaries.
Methods of treatment
Treatment of psoriasis on the hands should be under the supervision of a dermatologist.
The lack of symptoms for a long time does not indicate full recovery. Experts believe that to correct the pathology to the end will not work, however, you can achieve long-term remission.
Treatment of psoriasis on hand includes:
- the use of drugs local action (creams, ointments, balms);
- medications oral;
Many patients are wondering – how to treat psoriatic arthritis. The scheme of treatment for this type of problem looks the same as with other types of psoriasis.
To relieve the symptomatic picture use the following ointment for psoriasis:
- Hormonal. The main effect of the application of funds – reduction of inflammation, pain relief and itching.
- Non-hormonal. Drugs mitigate the symptoms of the disease, without causing side effects, because they may be used for the treatment of psoriasis in children.
- Homeopathic. Assigned to you when problem that is accompanied by severe peeling of the skin. Medication especially effective for damaged joints.
Preparations common actions
Medication to combat symptoms of the disease be carried out using:
- Of antihistamines.
- B vitamins, C and E.
- Of psychostimulants.
How to treat psoriasis on the hands in a particular case, is determined by the expert. The doctor combines the drugs thus to achieve the best result from their application.
Physical therapy in psoriasis
Prescribed physical therapy with all types of problems. Methods allow to reduce the aggravation of the symptoms, prevent the development of consequences. To facilitate problem symptoms patients usually prescribed:
- laser treatment;
- radon baths;
- of an application with paraffin;
- PUVA therapy
Laser therapy promotes a more rapid regeneration of damaged skin. Manipulations are carried out under the supervision of the attending physician, which regulates the depth of penetration of the beam. The technique provides the effect even in advanced stages of the disease.
PUVA treatment combines 2 methods of influence on the affected areas ultraviolet irradiation and fotosensibilizatory. One method enhances the therapeutic outcome of another. To achieve the visible result need 20-25 sessions of PUVA therapy.
The main essence of the cryotherapy – the impact on damaged areas of low temperatures. Method is used to reduce the number of plaques on the hands and extending the period of remission of the disease. Cryotherapy is recommended for patients who have frequent relapses of psoriasis.
Prevention and people's councils
Psoriasis on the hands is manifested more often than in other parts of the body. To avoid recurrence of the symptoms should follow the preventive rules:
- to do the housework in rubber gloves;
- use a moisturizing cream for the hands;
- avoid contact with tools that have aggressive chemical composition;
- to consult a dermatologist at the first signs of psoriasis;
- to give up alcohol and Smoking;
- to exclude from the menu fried and fatty meals.
To achieve long-term remission of the pathology is possible with the help of folk remedies from psoriasis. The main advantage of such treatment is minimal risk of adverse reactions. Therefore, traditional recipes can be used to combat the problem of child and women situation.
It is worth listing the most popular recipes alternative medicine for psoriasis on hands:
- Herbal infusion for oral administration: in equal quantities mix the nettle leaves, cranberries, calendula and horsetail. Herbal ingredients, fill with water (500 ml), mixed with 1 tbsp. of honey. Before beginning such treatment to ensure no Allergy to honey.
- Herbal bath. Based on St. John's wort, succession and chistotela prepare the bath: a handful of each vegetable ingredient in a saucepan and pour 1 liter of water. The mixture boil on low heat for about 30 minutes, and then insist to cool. Hands dipped in herbal decoction for 20 to 25 minutes, and then dried them without using a towel.
- Ointment on the basis of birch tar is an effective way of dealing with ladonno-podoshvennyy type pathology at home. The remedy prepared according to the following recipe: a small amount of ingredient is filled with oil. The ointment is applied to plaques unlimited number of times.
Even with all the rules of prevention, will not be able to forget about what it looks like psoriasis. All methods of treatment – medication, folk and physical therapy give only temporary relief. From following the rules of prevention and a correctly formatted schema therapy depends on the duration of remission of the problem.
If you have received useful information from the article on the treatment of psoriasis, then follow her on social networks. Share your recipes, on how to treat psoriasis on the hands and leave them in the comments to the article.
User reviews of the treatment
Light, Moscow: Psoriasis on hands – the disease is incurable. Periodically it is replaced by periods of exacerbation and remission. The deterioration of the skin especially after stress, and consumption of grilled or smoked foods. Hormonal drugs are effective but, unfortunately, not for long. The cream will relieve symptoms of the disease with prolonged and regular use. Combining drug therapy with ointment, diet and psychological peace of mind, you can extend the period of remission of the problem.
Tamara, Nizhniy Novgorod: to Cure psoriasis on hands helps the following recipe: raw egg protein is rubbed into the site of injury several times a day. After using this tool a few days may increase itching and burning so the local treatment of the affected areas better in combination with antihistamines. Therapy also Supplement with medications containing calcium D3. Visible results can be felt after 2 weeks of this regimen.
Anatoly, Samara: to Prevent the recurrence of psoriasis on the hands help simple rules:
- A complete rejection of alcoholic drinks, spices and sweets.
- Regular intake enterosorbentov 2-3 times a day.
- Ingestion of fish oil: 1 tsp three times a day.
- A full night's sleep.
- Treatment of damaged areas is not hormonal therapy
- Wash hands with soap containing tar.
- Use a moisturizing hand cream.
It is worth noting that such events not only help to curb the manifestation of acute symptoms.