Psoriasis – determined disease, which is caused by hyperproliferations derma cells, malfunction of the immune system with immune dependens synthesis of mediators that trigger inflammation in the skin. To normalize the differentiation of keratinocytes, the restoration of cell mitosis and immune system used drugs of different groups (cytostatics, retinoids, immunosuppressants).
The pattern of use of certain drugs depends on the stage of the disease, the type of lesions and patient's age.
Holistic treatment of psoriasis
Complex treatment of psoriasis involves the use of not only drugs, but also physiotherapy. They contribute to the restoration of mitosis, which leads to the elimination of hyperkeratosis and inflammatory processes on the skin. Therapy against psoriasis includes several components, namely:
- external products (ointments, gels, liniments, creams, sprays) – contribute to the elimination of local inflammatory processes in the skin areas affected by psoriatic plaques;
- parenteral and oral preparations (tablets, drops, injections, vitamins) – means a system of therapy that affect the work of individual organs and systems;
- physiotherapy equipment (cryotherapy, hemosorption, laser therapy) and hardware methods of treatment aimed at cleansing the blood and skin from pathological agents;
- balneological methods – type of Spa treatments with the use of herudotherapy, mud baths, thermal springs, etc.;
- diet – a balanced diet, which contributes to the normalization of cellular metabolism and, consequently, of mitosis.
The choice of specific areas of therapy depends on the stage of development of psoriasis. For example, at the stage of progression, t.. Zn. active development of psoriatic plaques cannot be used in certain types of physiotherapeutic procedures. This can cause even greater aggravation of the disease.
Selection of the treatment complexThe disease is largely determined by the degree of development of pathological processes, factors that caused failures in work of immune system, age, etc. In the process of appointing adequate complex of therapeutic measures the doctor takes into account:
- the reasons for the development of the pathology;
- the phase of the disease;
- type psoriatic lesions;
- gender and age of the patient;
- the characteristics of the disease;
- the tendency to allergic reactions.
A careful study of the history of the patient allows to determine the direction of treatment, which will help to achieve the best therapeutic results. A special role is pay analysis of the triggers that provoked the appearance of psoriatic plaques. The starting mechanism of development of the disease can be stress, chronic illnesses, autoimmune disruptions, climate change, etc.
The opposite direction of therapy should be clearly justified in the pathogenesis of psoriasis. Otherwise, to suppress the pathological processes in the body will fail, which will lead to complications.
General principles of therapy
According to a recent medical conference, which was attended by experts from 19 European countries, effective treatment of psoriatic disease based on completing 3 principles:
- strict implementation of the algorithm of complex treatment;
- constant monitoring of the response of an organism to the action of certain drugs;
- timely adjustment of therapeutic treatment guidelines.
Unfortunately, in 45% of cases of generalization of the inflammatory process in the development of psoriasis was caused by failure to observe the rules of treatment, which was determined by the physician. To reduce the risks of formation of psoriatic plaque throughout the body, you need to clearly follow the instructions given by the specialist in the process of therapy.
Treatment in progress stage
The scheme of complex treatment of psoriasis is determined by the stage of development of the pathological process. In the phase progression, t.. Zn. active emergence of new symptoms and a skin rash, should follow approximately the same scheme of treatment:
- Corticosteroid ointment – cropped symptoms of disease and contribute to the elimination of inflammatory processes;
- Vitamin preparations – contribute to the normalization of metabolic processes, allowing you to restore cellular mitosis;
- Antihistamine – remove severe itching and swelling of the tissues near sites of inflammation.
The use of these tools at the stage of progression of the disease due to their pathogenetic activity. They possess a pronounced antiphlogistic, anti-inflammatory and wound healing properties.
Treatment on the stationary and retrogressive stage
Stationary and retrogressive stage of development of the disease characterized by moderate desquamation of psoriatic plaques. However, in this phase of pathology there is no increase in the peripheral, Zn. growths papules or emergence of new symptoms. In this case, medical therapy is directed to the use of drugs that have exfoliating, disinfecting and healing effect.
Treatment genodermatosis will be approximately such:
In severe disease for the relief of symptoms used not only the outer corticosteroids and means, but cytostatics
They have a pronounced immunosuppressive effect, t.. Zn. suppress the immune system. It prevents inflammation of the skin, which antibodies attack the epidermal cells.