Psoriasis is a condition that is very difficult to treat. To get rid of the disease impossible. For quite a long time scientists and doctors are making a lot of efforts to find effective methods of treatment of lesions on the human body, which triggers the psoriasis. Today, there are several methods that allow to relieve the patient from unpleasant symptoms. Effective ways to treat psoriasis are the preservation of certain events, medication or physical therapy. Only a comprehensive approach and compliance with the rules of prevention to cope with disease and to achieve long-term remission.
What is psoriasis?
Among many other dermatoses, one of the most common is psoriasis. Also in medical practice, the disease called psoriasis. Pathology refers to chronic skin diseases, which are noninfectious in origin.
Ringworm appears as red and pink spots, which protrude above the surface of the skin by 1-2 mm. A feature of psoriasis is a so-called scales of psoriatic plaques. The skin is scaly and coarse. This process occurs due to excessively rapid synthesis and cell division of the skin. A sick person is the formation of new cells is ten times faster than in healthy controls.
Reasons disease is considered to be the following factors:
- Genetic predisposition.
- Violation of metabolism.
- Hormonal imbalance in the body.
- The weakening of the immune system.
- Severe hypothermia or, conversely, excessive influence of ultraviolet light.
To date, all the causes of pathology are only speculation. The nature of the disease is so complex that to find out exactly what triggers the disease is still not possible. The treatment is mainly to eliminate the symptoms and improve General well-being of the patient.
The use of drugs
Effective treatment of psoriasis can not be without the use of drugs. All medications in medical practice can be divided into several groups. These include:
Hormonal agents, or corticosteroids
Most often these drugs are available in ointments and creams for external use. Funds with hormones in its composition have both advantages and disadvantages. The positive side can be noted the rapid effect. Corticosteroids can significantly ease the patient's condition after a few applications.
The most common hormonal drugs are administered to patients with severe and progressive form of scaly lichen. In milder types of the disease, these funds are not shown as they cause habituation effect and many side effects.
The disadvantages of corticosteroids include the effect of the drug and various side effects. Complications can be as follows:
- the appearance of edema;
- increase in body weight of the patient;
- the increase of sugar level in the blood;
- increase in blood pressure;
- disorders in the Central nervous system.
To use hormones should only be on prescription. Improper dose or untimely withdrawal of the drug may entail a lot of negative consequences.
In modern medicine treatment of psoriasis is not complete without the use of vitamins. With the development of the pathology the patient can be administered a water-soluble and fat-soluble vitamins. Fat-soluble are vitamins A, E and D. water-soluble folic, ascorbic acid, and b vitamins Also therapy of psoriasis often involves the use of vitamin D.
Effective methods of treating psoriasis also can not do without the use of drugs that help restore normal robot natural protection of the person. All preparations of this group are divided into immunosuppressants (immune suppressants) and adjuvants (enhance immunity). Among the drugs that suppress the natural defenses of the body is often prescribed with methotrexate. The powerful drug has a specific action and is often used in severe forms of the course of disease.
In psoriasis this group of drugs help to normalise the natural protective functions of the body, develop metabolism and helps to regenerate damaged areas of the dermis.
The most effective treatment of psoriasis today considered the use of different methods of physical therapy. The purpose of this technique is the elimination of manifestations of the disease on the skin of the patient and improving overall health of the patient.
Today PUVA therapy is considered one of the most effective methods. This treatment is done using special equipment that emits artificial UV rays. During a session in the human skin aktiviziruyutsya natural production of vitamin D3. It promotes the healing of damaged areas of the dermis and to get rid of psoriatic plaques.
To appoint course of treatment and number of sessions need a doctor. Most often this treatment is performed in a hospital. When using PUVA you must strictly adhere to the amount of UV waves, and the duration of the session.
The use of cold
Increasingly popular today is gaining cryotherapy of psoriasis. This method involves the effective treatment of disease with cold. The action method is based on the creation of the body for a stressful situation with the cold, in which there is spasm of the blood vessels and capillaries. Through this it is possible to achieve the following results:
- Elimination of pain syndrome.
- The removal of inflammation.
- The establishment of the trophic tissue.
- Normal psychosomatic condition of the patient.
The procedure involves local effects on psoriatic lesions, in which affected areas of the body specialist directs the flow of liquid nitrogen. This type of influence has a positive effect, and promotes rapid recovery of damaged tissues.
The number of sessions is determined by the expert. It depends on the type of pathology and the patient's condition.
Psoriasis treatment a special laser
Data are referred to as gas laser with ultraviolet radiation. With the help of special equipment is possible to direct a beam of light on the affected skin. This helps to reduce the growth of psoriatic lesions and reduce inflammation.
The advantage of this type of therapy is the immediate impact on affected areas of the dermis, while leaving the normal skin unaffected. Excimer laser allows you to use a specific wavelength range, is what distinguishes it from conventional UV radiation. After a few treatments of laser therapy, great improvement of the skin of the patient.
Alternative treatment of psoriasis
In addition to methods of medical treatment and physiotherapy today is very popular non-traditional ways of getting rid of pathology. These include:
- The use of blue clay. This natural product provides effective action against many diseases. Clay copes with inflammation, makes blood circulation, eliminates swelling and redness of the dermis. For the treatment enough to warm up the clay and apply it as a mask on the affected areas of the body. The course of treatment is 10-14 days.
- Quite good results are obtained by the use of muds of Saki lake. Application of mud helps to establish blood flow and to establish the trophism of the dermis, to remove the inflammatory process, and customize the metabolic processes of the skin. When applying mud to the skin there are many useful components. This leads to an improvement of tissues and healing of wounds.
- Work very well for psoriasis medication on the basis of the tar. Tar ointment, promotes rapid healing of plaques. For these purposes, the tar can be used in pure form, and also add it to various products. One of the most popular recipes is the ointment of birch tar and propolis. It is necessary to take 100 g of product and place in a water bath. After the ointment is applied to the plaque for 20-30 minutes.
Unfortunately, to date there is no means of permanently cure psoriasis. However, there are therapies that allow you to quickly and effectively remove the symptoms of disease and achieve long-term remission in a patient.