Psoriasis is a very insidious disease and is capable of hitting not only the skin. Often found psoriasis of the nails, called as onihodistrofiya (psoriatic onihodistrofiya).
Upon confirmation of this disease treatment of nail psoriasis in some cases difficult, as this form appears much less common than psoriasis of the skin. However, psoriasis of the nail phalanx cause the patient considerable discomfort, leading to emotional breakdowns.
The simultaneous failure of nails and skin which is quite rare. The disease can exist for years in the body of the patient, but the characteristic symptoms of this form is the affected nail. When psoriatic manifestations, which, when complications can lead to complications such as psoriatic arthritis.
The causes of the disease
The main reason, where there is nail psoriasis is a malfunction of the IMMUNE SYSTEM, disrupting enzyme function and formation of periungual cells. This leads to a separation of the organism is not grown cells and the Horny layer of the nails.
There are predisposing causes that can provoke the occurrence of exacerbations. These include:
- symptoms of psoriasis can be triggered under adverse weather conditions;
- state of stress and depression;
- chronic disease of the body;
- symptoms of psoriasis may be aggravated by mechanical damage to the skin;
- long-term use of lithium and anti-inflammatory drugs;
- in addition, the causes of the disease can be heredity, if the gene for psoriasis is transmitted to the next generations.
As a rule, the risk group consists of patients under the age of 25 years. Men get sick more often women.
The classification of psoriasis nails
Psoriasis of the nails is manifested in different forms and have different symptoms. There are several stages of nail psoriasis:
NAPEDOWY — the most common form of the disease. Its symptoms are manifested by the appearance of shallow dents on the nails.
ONYCHOLYSIS — this degree is characterized by a painless separation of the nail from tissue, after which the area around the nail remains psoriatic hem.
ONYCHOMADESIS — in this form there is also separation of the nail, but faster and without the formation of edges.
BLEEDING UNDER the NAIL — there are characteristic streaks of brown and reddish spots under the nail.
TRACHYONYCHIA — in this disease the nail becomes rough and thickened.
PARONYCHIA — causes of this form of the disease the physical impact on the tissues around the nail (deburring, ingrown nail, etc.). Marked suppuration, swelling and redness around the nail plates.
In all forms of nail psoriasis requires early treatment to prevent more serious inflammatory process.
Symptoms of the disease
The symptoms of nail psoriasis a fairly diverse and depend directly on the shape and form of the disease.
The main symptoms are the following:
- the surface of the nail of the fingers and toes become crooked, visible indentations and dents;
- the nail becomes greyish and uneven;
- the edges of the nail plates is covered with inflammatory parties who are able to spread across the skin surface;
- nail found dull yellow psoriatic plaques;
- the nail plate is observed capillary net;
- the skin around the nail unbearably itchy and scaly.
In a complicated process symptoms is able to get separation of pus from under the nail.
Treatment of psoriasis nails
The choice of treatment should be considered causes of psoriasis, the severity and the individual sensitivity of the patient.
The initial degree of the illness is treated comprehensively and includes the following activities:
- at the initial stage it is recommended to use medicated nail Polish to cover the nails as well as gels to moisturize the skin around the nail phalanx;
- regulated by hormonal and endocrine function;
- restores digestive function;
- it turns out the nature of psoriasis (fungus, viruses, bacteria and t.. d);
The most common cause of nail psoriasis is the activity of the fungus due to the weakened immune system. Effective impact on it of external products (ointments, creams, therapeutic varnishes), physiotherapy and herbal medicine.
In addition, what used lacquer, neutralizing the fungus, treatment of nail psoriasis includes:
- ANTIHISTAMINE. To relieve itching recommended antihistamines.
- MULTIVITAMINS. The destruction of the nail in any form of psoriasis will inevitably lead to loss of essential minerals and vitamins, so it is taking multivitamin preparations. Especially important is the intake of selenium, calcium, silicon, and zinc.
- CORTICOSTEROIDS. In severe disease, it is recommended the use of steroid drugs. However, it should be remembered that, despite the fact that treatment funds efficiently, they can be taken only after consultation with your doctor.
- IMMUNOSUPPRESSANTS. To relieve stress and tension appropriate use of immunosuppressants. However, account should be taken of adverse events.
A positive result showed special nail Polish Belvedere, which helps even at the advanced stage of the disease.
External preparations (ointments, creams)
From external means, usually begins treatment of nail psoriasis. Mild development of symptoms is quite possible to manage such funds.
All external medications are divided into hormonal and non-hormonal.
Folk remedies to fight psoriasis of the nails
Quite often there are cases when medicine is not able to exert the desired effect and to neutralize the negative symptoms. This fact makes the search for alternatives, and questions about how to treat psoriasis of the nails are very sharp. In this case, doctors recommend getting rid of nail psoriasis with treatment folk remedies.
The most well-known folk methods of treatment of psoriasis are:
NAIL BATHS. This medicine effectively removes fungus nail plate. In order to prepare the tub, pour on boiling water 20 oz. dry Laurel leaves and then boil the prepared solution. After cooling should be placed in this solution the nails and hold them for 15 minutes.
GADGETS. At home simply to prepare a lotion. It is recommended to mix 2 tbsp of oat flour or starch from corn with 0.5 l of water. The prepared slurry is applied on the nails.
The COMPRESSES. Cure psoriasis of nails can be with the help of medicinal plants, called brusnik. You need to take 4 tbsp of the dry powder of the leaves brusnik and pour 0.5 l of hot water. After cooling the prepared mass is applied on the affected area as a compress and kept for 15-20 minutes.
With the help of these simple recipes can you cure psoriasis folk ways. However, before you start to use the people's recipes require the advice of your doctor.
Diet for psoriasis of the nails
An important condition for the success of therapeutic treatment is the diet. Very few people know that allergies can appear at any psoriasis. Therefore must be adhered to hypoallergenic diet.
Patient nutrition must be balanced, eliminating the food that may cause allergies (chocolate, coffee, cocoa, strawberries, citrus). The diet prohibits the intake of spicy, salty, fatty, smoked and fried dishes. In addition, you should not use mustard, mayonnaise and ketchup.
During exacerbation of psoriasis, the diet involves fasting days of the year. Zn. throughout the day you can eat only one product, e.g., yogurt, apples, boiled fish and t.. d. the Diet should be saturated dairy products, fresh vegetables and fruit (excluding orange and red) as well as fish and greens. To replenish the body's lecithin, it is recommended the use of vegetable oil (better olive oil from the first pressing).
It is important to remember that any diet excludes the consumption of alcoholic beverages, regardless of the form of psoriatic manifestations.
At any stage of the nail psoriasis on fingers of hands and psoriasis of the toenails occurs in waves, with periodic recurrences and exacerbations. Therefore, important the prevention of psoriasis, which includes:
- The need to have the shortest nails.
- Do not perform pedicures, manicures, and t.. d., including acrylic lacquer.
- You should eliminate the possibility of injury.
- Through contact at home with household chemicals, you must wear gloves.
Mild disease requires minimal medical therapy. At home it is recommended to use medicated nail Polish to cover the nails, which slows down the destruction of the nail.
It must be remembered that any treatment can be performed after prior consultation with your doctor. This will relieve the acute symptoms of the disease and achieve prolonged remission.