Psoriasis, the causes of which are unclear, until today remains a mystery to scientists all over the world. The disease can develop suddenly, regardless of the age and sex of the patient.
There has recently been a primary development of psoriasis among children and women, without any precipitating causes. In rare cases, the disease can pass on their own, but as a rule, to achieve long-term remission requires a specific treatment, and the desire to be treated by the patient.
Theory of the origin of psoriasis
Among physicians and scientists there are several theories of developing the disease:
HEREDITARY. Genetic transmission of the disease is the MOST COMMON, as doctors in case of every second of the three noted the presence of psoriasis in history. When joining the precipitating factors, the first symptoms of disease appear inevitable. As a rule, when receiving an inheritance relationship is marked with the sex of the children (the disease develops more often among same-sex relatives).
IMMUNE. The immune theory of the disease is considered to be its main founders. Immune components are present in almost every inflammation of the immune nature, in some cases, eases the symptoms of the disease.
However, despite the sufficient amount of research on the immune theory of psoriasis, triggers for its occurrence (triggering mechanisms) not fully elucidated. Therefore, preventive measures for disease development include, first, strengthening of the immune system (especially in women, older patients and children) and protection of the skin (including the head) from infectious diseases. That is the immune theory shows the most serious complications: psoriatic arthritis (which explains the causes of psoriasis on the elbows, knees and hands), and in some cases — the defeat of the spine.
NEUROGENIC. According to the theory of psychosomatic medicine, the disease can be caused by a malfunction of the nervous system, as a result of severe stress. In other words, the mental state of the patient directly affects the condition of the patient, which could lead psoriatic manifestations on the hands, head, legs and t.. d. in addition, a factor that confirms the development of the disease on the background of psychosomatic medicine, is the positive effect of sedatives, which again points to the spiritual causes of psoriasis.
EXCHANGE. The studies do not rule out the development of the disease in connection with the violation of metabolic processes. As a rule, most patients experience hypothermia, which indicates a slowing of metabolic processes. In addition to the violation of lipid metabolism shows increased level of cholesterol in the blood, and the weakening of the immune system is confirmed by the decrease of vitamins (A, b), as well as copper, iron and zinc observed in 2/3 of all those who are sick.
4 in each case there is diabetes, which indicates a violation of carbohydrate metabolism, and the metabolic nature of the disease confirms the malfunction of the thyroid, pancreas and sex glands, despite treatment.
ALLERGIC. The proponents of this theory believe that psoriatic manifestations occur as a result of allergies. This is corroborated by the fact that this disease, as well as Allergy, not contagious, and is highly itchy rashes on the skin. That's why psoriasis is very often prescribed antihistamines. In addition, there is similar symptoms in the allergic and psoriatic arthritis.
HORMONAL. This hypothesis is associated with impaired hormonal levels that occur in the body (menopause, puberty, pregnancy, etc.). However, this trend did not become popular, as most patients psoriasis develop when hormonal "peace".
INFECTIOUS. This theory of the origin of the disease is one of the most common. This causes manifestations of psoriatic symptoms associated with different pathogens (spirochetes, streptococci, etc.). However, neither microorganisms or fungi in conducting the experiments did not proved himself as a leader. Some scientists believe that the development of acute infectious diseases can influence the course of the dermatoses due to the weakening of immune protection (reversible and irreversible). However, despite numerous studies, the infectious theory was not confirmed.
VIRUS. The viral nature of the disease has a large number of fans. However, on the basis of surveys of the viral theory is not confirmed as the main, as never observed transmission of the disease from a sick to a healthy person, despite the fact that there had been hundreds of direct blood transfusions from patients patients.
The trigger mechanisms of the disease
In many studies of the causes of psoriasis, doctors have found that there are additional precipitating conditions for the occurrence of the disease. Causes of psoriatic manifestations can be both internal and external factors.
The most common causes that provoke the disease:
- the disease can cause acute and chronic infectious processes in the body (SARS, sinusitis, tonsillitis, scarlet fever, sore throat, etc.), as well as the condition after vaccination. As a rule, these diseases weaken the immune system, leading to recurrent disease;
- in 40% of patients before the development of exacerbations and result in psychological stress situations (different types of depressions, crises of a personal nature). Therefore, to reduce acute symptoms so often prescribed sedatives;
- trigger psoriasis may be a long treatment medical drugs, especially antibiotics, and immunomodulators. These drugs can cause disorders in the immune system, in response to the stimulus;
- an important role for the development or exacerbation of the disease play bad habits (Smoking, alcohol), and improper nutrition of the patient with the abuse of fats and fast carbs;
- symptoms of psoriasis can be caused by exposure to chemicals for outdoor use (especially on hands) that are often used in everyday life, including means of parasites;
- exacerbation perhaps in violation of the integrity of the skin by mechanical effect (trauma, burns, injections, bites, etc.);
- relapse of psoriasis can cause inflammation on the skin, including fungal infections on the head, develop dermatitis on the hands and t.. d. in addition, the cause of psoriasis can be acute allergic reaction.
- As a rule, the disease was exacerbated by precipitating factors (single or in combination), so you should follow certain rules in order to avoid a dangerous situation.
The primary symptoms of psoriasis can appear at any age, but its development in children occur more severe consequences and complications. In the elderly psoriasis threat of severe concomitant diseases.
Causes of psoriasis in children
Based on the results of studying the disease in the immediate family in a few generations, the conduct of biochemical studies in patients with family ties, including healthy, it is found that in the development of psoriasis in children PLAYS a MAJOR ROLE HEREDITARY FACTOR predisposing to the disease.
If one parent suffers from psoriasis, the probability of having children with psoriasis is 25%. If both parents are sick, the risk of having a child with psoriasis is about 75%. Interesting is the fact that most often the psoriasis is transmitted through the maternal line. Hereditary psoriasis (family) monitoring scientists ranges from 15 to 47% of all cases of psoriasis in children. However, despite the in-depth study of the genetic theory of disease, its causes, the child and the adult patient has not been fully elucidated.
In preschoolers and school-age children causes of psoriasis can be a strong emotional stress, fear, etc. a Certain regularity, through which it would be possible to identify a single cause of psoriasis in adolescents and children, does not exist.
Many scientists and physicians are inclined to multifactorial theory of disease development, which combines, in addition to heredity, a number of other factors.
Symptoms of the disease
In psoriasis there is atypical reaction to any stimulus. For psoriasis characterized by the appearance itchy plaques of various sizes. Normal skin cells Mature in 3 weeks, but in psoriasis they dry in 5 days, which leads to severe itching, particularly on the head or hands. To relieve the acute symptoms is assigned adequate treatment.
The most typical symptoms of psoriasis include:
- the appearance of pink-red psoriatic plaques with dry white pieces. As a rule, most often they are localized in the knees, elbows, hands and head (the hairy part);
- when nail psoriasis is marked dystrophy of the nail plate on the hands, the violation of the form and color of the nails. In severe form may develop degenerative changes;
- itching and dandruff on the head (near hairline);
- cracking of the skin with subsequent manure psoriatic areas of the body;
- sometimes it is possible to hyperthermia and the deterioration of the General condition of the patient.
It is important to note that symptoms are exacerbated at certain times of the year. There are 3 types of psoriasis depending on the seasons (winter, summer, and uncertain). Patients with the summer type of psoriasis have noted a sudden exacerbation, which requires longer treatment. The winter type is characterized by the fact that the symptoms of psoriasis are weak and assigned therapy is most effective. When an indeterminate type of psoriatic symptoms can occur at any time of the year and is characterized by frequent relapses.
Therapeutic treatment of the disease
Despite the fact that the causes of psoriasis are not fully understood, to date there are the most effective techniques that contribute to long-term remission:
- recommended cryotherapy (low temperatures), which helps in the most advanced cases;
- internal symptoms are removed using plasmapheresis (filtering the blood);
- neutralization of symptoms is carried out actively with the help of PUVA therapy and special iodine-bromine, radon and sulphide bath.
In addition, the positive effect observed in the treatment with salts and Dead sea mud to counteract the symptoms of psoriasis on the head.
Prevention of psoriasis
To prevent the disease is necessary to observe preventive measures, which include:
- Prevention of trauma to the skin on the hands, head, face, etc.
- Should not be a long time in direct sunlight.
- You need to get rid of bad habits.
- Requires weight control, especially after the acute symptoms.
- You should avoid stressful situations.
- Psoriasis on the head is recommended to use special medicated shampoos and creams.
- In all cases, must be regularly monitored by a dermatologist.
Psoriasis is a multifactorial disease and its causes are diverse, so a positive result can be achieved if to start the treatment with strict observance of all recommendations of a dermatologist. This approach is able to provide long-term remission and prevention of possible complications.