Skin diseases are usually manifestations of internal problems of the body: low immunity, diseases of the vital organs, intoxication, stress. Therefore, therapy often takes years, and such diseases as psoriasis, is still considered incurable. However, there is good news...
When talking about the impossibility of a complete cure from any disease, which means that it manifests itself in varying degrees throughout life. To make these manifestations are rare and not causando severe discomfort modern medicine quite a force.
What determines the choice of treatment of psoriasis
Psoriasis is a chronic skin disease that can have a variety of reasons. It is diagnosed at any age in people of both sexes, although most often it manifests itself in the following periods: 16-22 years and 57-60 years (the so-called age peaks). According to the world health organization suffer from psoriasis 4% of the population of the globe.
Other name of psoriasis — psoriasis. The disease manifests itself in the form of itchy spots or plaques of pink color, covered with silvery scales. Rashes are localized in the knee and the elbow, scalp, hands, feet. Advanced forms of psoriasis affect the nails.
Unlike other types of lichen, psoriasis does not spread from person to person and, as expected, has an autoimmune nature. Its treatment should be based primarily on the diagnosis of the reasons why the body begins to attack its own skin cells. Such reasons can be:
- genetic predisposition (about one third of cases);
- endocrine diseases;
- reaction to drugs or overdose of them;
- damage to the skin injuries or inflammation;
- infectious disease (flu, sore throat);
Approximately 30% of patients develop psoriatic arthritis (PSA), which often leads to disability. To avoid such severe complications, to diagnose psoriasis and begin necessary treatment as early as possible.
Modern approaches to treatment
Treatment must be individual and complex, and cannot is universal for all scheme, because in the occurrence and development of psoriasis can be involved too many factors, including the psychological state of the patient. Usually have to use several methods — ranging from the most gentle and superficial and gradually increasing a therapeutic effect on various systems of the body. However, this does not solve the problem of concomitant diseases, which are detected in more than 50% of patients with psoriasis and worsen the clinical picture such as inflammation of various parts of the gastrointestinal tract, ENT organs, urinary system, as well as hypertension, diabetes. Requires experience and knowledge of doctors from several medical fields, but often show high efficiency of individual methods of alternative treatment. Thus, the popular approaches of Tibetan medicine aimed at optimizing all vital processes in the body from the first procedures.
Methods for the effective treatment of psoriasis
Psoriasis is known since antiquity, because its treatment is based on lengthy observations of patients. It is established that the relief of their status contribute to the dosed exposure to sunlight, eating right, reducing stress, and prompt treatment of infections, debridement of large lesions lichen. This information has found its application in the development of various types of therapy.
Lasts at least six weeks and is mostly external. Basically medications prescribed for psoriasis are powerful and have a number of side effects. With the appearance of nausea, vomiting, decreased vision, dizziness and other symptoms should immediately contact a doctor.
- Drugs vitamins D3, A and E. Ointments that have a dermatotropic and antipsoriatic effect, containing vitamin D analogs of calcipotriol , tacalcitol, calcitriol, and also A-vitaminum-sicut funds. Contraindicated in children and pregnant women, should not be more than 20-35% of the surface of the skin. The combination of drugs with each other and with vitamins may increase their therapeutic and side effects. Taking this into account, developed a balanced combination of external funds, which contains a complex of retinol palmitate (vitamin A), alpha tocopherol acetate (vitamin E), ergocalciferol (vitamin D2).
- Immunosuppressants (immunosuppressants). These include drugs such as methotrexate , cyclosporine and leflunomide. Side effects can affect the kidneys, pancreas and liver, but also manifest itself in hypertension, tremor, weakness, headache, skin reactions. Anti-inflammatory effect, reduce the autoimmune effects.
- Corticosteroids. Hormone treatment in the form of ointments, creams, emulsions, gels. Have a pronounced anti-inflammatory, antipruritic and antiallergic activity. Assigned as a single-component external preparations containing glucocorticoids and long-acting III–IV class activity — clobetasol, betamethasone , triamcinolone, mometasone, methylprednisolone and combined with other active substances — antibiotics, salicylic acid and urea. The administration of steroid drugs inside psoriasis is not assigned due to high probability of effect of the cancellation: first, there has been a significant improvement in the health of the patient, but after medication it becomes worse than before treatment. The main idea of a glucocorticoid therapy is the achievement of maximum therapeutic effect with the lowest possible doses.
- Innovative products. Primarily used abroad and are of high cost. You need to understand that the immune suppression generally leads to frequent respiratory infections, and diarrhea, nausea and chronic headaches, so the lack of improvement after five months of use of the above drugs overturned.
The effects of light, sound and electrical current of different frequencies is widely used in the treatment of psoriasis and gives a minimum of side effects.
- UV radiation. Efficient simulation of sunbathing, which can be arranged in the clinic, the Solarium or in the home. It is important to agree on the duration and frequency of treatments with your doctor individually and not to exceed them. Side effect of skin aging, the appearance of malignant tumors.
- The use of narrowband UV-b therapy with a wavelength of 311 nm. An innovative method is used as monotherapy. The course of treatment is 2 to 5 months if the duration of one procedure in a few minutes. Procedures are assigned three times a week. Visible marked clinical improvement and sustained remission up to 2 years.
- Ultrasonic therapy. Anti-inflammatory, resolving, analgesic, antipruritic effect. Has no contraindications, but may not be used for psoriasis on the scalp.
- PUVA. Photochemotherapy effective in the lesions on the scalp, palms and soles of the feet. The rate of 15-25 procedures local exposure to UV radiation, a duration of 3-4 hours.
- Electrosleep. Treatments aimed at improving the condition of the nervous system of the patient in cases where there is a strong stress factor. By exposing the brain to weak pulsed current patient artificially immersed in the dream. The course can range from 12 to 30 sessions lasting 30-40 minutes. Turn off the unit immediately after the patient is asleep, awakening occurs independently and safely.
- Laser therapy. The course of 7-9 treatments that last no longer than 3 minutes. Laser radiation normalizes and restores the skin and prevents the formation of new lesions. Remission lasts for at least a year, and in the complex therapy of psoriasis may not bother the patient for several years.
When you assign a course of physiotherapy, it is important not to miss treatments, not to reduce, but not increase their number at its discretion.
Rarely used because it is an additional stress to the body, but in some cases can significantly improve the patient's condition.
If the appearance of psoriasis is associated with sui elit of the body that come from the colon, subjected to Martynov. Surgically restored the integrity of the special valve between the small and large intestine, which performs the protective properties, blocking the path of pathogens. After this plastic surgery marked relief patients not only with psoriasis but also with allergies, bronchial asthma, atopic dermatitis, peptic ulcer disease.
Also surgical methods are used for nail psoriasis: nail removal can solve the problem, and in its place will grow a healthy nail plate.
Spa treatment in the warm sea or mountain climate of Sunny seasons has a beneficial effect on the condition of patients with psoriasis. Most popular coast of the Dead sea (Israel, Jordan), mountains of the Pamirs (Tajikistan). Especially effective is the combination of a favorable climate and of course the thermal baths.
Being overweight is one of the trigger factors of psoriasis, in addition, when the disease is often marked cases of fatty degeneration of the liver. Diet prescribes complete abstinence from alcohol, fatty and spicy foods, reducing the consumption of flour and confectionery. The main food should be milk, meat, plant products, useful fish. If the patient throughout life, there were even isolated cases of allergic reactions to certain foods — e.g., chocolate, citrus, honey — these should also be deleted.
For patients with psoriasis is invalid any intoxication related to lifestyle: Smoking, drinking alcohol, eating fast food, work in hazardous industries, the use of caustic household chemicals. The premises should monitor the frequency of cleaning, the dust and pet hair will not provoke any allergies. Reduction of stress, sound sleep, timely rest, walks in the fresh air will do good for the patient with psoriasis.
Diet and correction of lifestyle — deceptively simple treatments. If the list of restrictions is too long and acts on depressing the patient, will not benefit. One should distinguish between domestic drunkenness and alcoholism, ad hoc tobacco Smoking and nicotine addiction, promiscuity and food cravings to harmful products, due to hormonal abnormalities. In the presence of a long-term bad habits will require additional diagnosis and treatment of comorbidities.
At home to alleviate the condition of patients with psoriasis often turn to the popular disinfectant, anti-inflammatory and antiburn means. It is a different creams and lotions on the basis of birch tar, solidol, copper sulphate, warm baths with herbs (celandine, succession) or salts. The ingredients can be purchased separately and mix according to the chosen recipe or buy in a drugstore ready ointment, herbal or bath. Side effects are usually minimal, but the therapeutic effect is pronounced weakly. These methods can be used as an extra in the complex treatment of psoriasis.
The approaches of Tibetan medicine
Tibetan medicine works in the treatment of psoriasis in several areas:
- purification of the lymph, blood, liver, biliary tract;
- normalization of metabolic processes;
- increased immunity;
- harmonization of psycho-emotional background;
- removing the skin itching and burning.
To achieve these goals, there are various types of acupressure therapy (acupuncture, moxibustion), massage (acupressure, vacuum, using hot stones), a complex herbal medicine (teas, ointments, compresses, baths). Unlike Tibetan medicine — soft suspendisse libero effects on the body on a deep level that allows you to treat the causes of psoriasis with the first procedures, which usually offers European medicine. Receptive to the methods of Tibetan medicine the patients can obtain in a few weeks the effect is comparable to the long-term comprehensive treatment in European clinics.
Psoriasis is a disease that requires a careful individual approach and pursuit of quick results. Qualified healthcare provider when course of therapy will be guided by the data set and, if necessary, make adjustments to the frequency, duration, and orientation procedures. In different periods of life, depending on age, hormonal, chronic diseases, conditions of work and life, some methods may lose their effectiveness and others to come to the fore. Discipline, correction lifestyle and a relaxed trusting relationship with the doctor will help to make the symptoms of psoriasis is rare and minimal.