Exacerbation of psoriasis is one of the most serious problems in patients who suffer from this disease. What can I do about the aggravation? Negative symptoms accompanied by psychological discomfort of the patient REQUIRES MEDICAL INTERVENTION.
The reasons for the development of psoriatic exacerbations is diverse enough. Often marked recurrence of the disease in the absence of precipitating causes, that is, spontaneously. Therefore, in order to figure out how to remove the aggravation of psoriasis, is to understand precipitating factors.
Factors that contribute to the development of psoriasis
Causes of psoriatic exacerbations is not fully understood. Recurrences are able to be accompanied by negative symptoms and last for a long time.
Most often trigger the development of acute can:
- excessive physical load;
- stress, emotional breakdowns;
- chronic infection of the body;
- if the patient has disorders of the endocrine system;
- sharp change of climatic conditions;
- a wrong diet;
- long-term use of certain medications;
- alcohol abuse, Smoking;
- the irritating action of household chemicals and cosmetics.
The aggravation is possible at any time of the year, but most commonly psoriasis occurs in autumn and winter. This is possible because in the summer the natural ultraviolet rays have a positive effect on the skin of the patient, speaking as prevent the development of psoriasis.
In the period of exacerbation of psoriasis (winter and autumn) there is a LACK of sunlight AND effects ON the BODY LOW TEMPERATURES. Therefore, as a rule, during this period increases the incidence of viral diseases which decrease the immune system and, consequently, weaken the body, making it vulnerable.
It should be noted that sometimes there are atypical occasions when the psoriasis is exacerbated during summer and spring. In this case, sunlight triggers the inflammatory process in the skin. Such patients is recommended in summer to protect the skin from sunlight.
Symptoms development of acute
As a rule, relapse of psoriasis is characterized by the following symptoms:
- the formation of papules, after the disappearance of which the skin is light pink film;
- in addition, the papules are in places of injury to the skin;
- the patient's skin reddens, there is itching and peeling;
- marked feeling of dryness and tightness of the skin.
If you notice such symptoms, you must consult a dermatologist as treatment can stop the worsening of psoriasis development.
The aggravation of the disease during pregnancy and after childbirth
During pregnancy in patients with psoriasis may increase in 10-20% of cases, and improvement in General condition can be observed at the end of the first trimester (50% of cases). Final causes of this disease is not fully understood, but it is known that high estrogen and progesterone, which is formed in this state, having an immunosuppressive action, and indicators of cortisol contribute to the anti-inflammatory effects.
To suggest exacerbation of psoriasis during pregnancy, and the absence of possible, given the history of previous pregnancies. As a rule, in 87% of cases the next pregnancy is, like the previous one. Many expectant mothers are concerned about the question of WHAT to DO in case of EXACERBATION of PSORIASIS AND HOW to AVOID IT?
It is important to remember that patient's predisposition to manifestations of psoriatic needs during pregnancy always be seen by a doctor. Otherwise, the exacerbation of psoriatic symptoms may lead to premature onset of labor and the birth of a baby with malnutrition.
Hormonal changes the woman's body after childbirth and lactation can give a "rollback" (the opposite effect) when the psoriasis is developing at a rapid pace. This is due to the fact that the body as a result of childbirth globally rebuilt. Of the 16 patients examined after birth, 6 women psoriasis worsened severe. 8 observed secondary aggravation, and only 2 young women as a result of childbirth psoriasis did not manifest itself.
As a rule, after childbirth is not recommended drug treatment (excluding pathological cases), because there is the probability of getting medicines through breast milk to the child.
Treatment during exacerbation of psoriasis
Because the causes of aggravation can be very diverse, and to treat the disease should be comprehensive. This requires a special diet, physiotherapy, medications and prevention.
FOOD. The mainstay of treatment during exacerbation of psoriasis is a hypoallergenic diet, so you should review the diet to include more dairy products. Positive effect psoriasis is having a vegetable diet, in which you need to eat more fruits and vegetables, which allows to regulate the digestive tract. In addition, the diet recommends the inclusion in the menu of fish cooked without oil and bread with added bran.
In the period of exacerbation of the disease do not eat salty, smoked, fatty, fried and canned food. The diet also prohibits eating fast foods and convenience foods, drink sweet drinks. You cannot take alcohol drinks.
DRUG THERAPY. Note that treatment is accompanied by receiving a sedative, immune, anti-allergic drugs and enterosorbents. In severe development of symptoms are prescribed hormonal treatment.
Traditional treatment includes:
- appointed by sedatives, as in acute stressful situations and emotional stress can lead to complications of the disease;
- to relieve swelling and painful itching, we recommend taking antihistamines;
- in order to quickly remove toxins from the body are assigned to the chelators;
- the restoration of the intestinal microflora is through the use of special preparations.
In addition, during the exacerbation, the doctor may prescribe the intake of folic and lipoic acid, which contribute to accelerated regeneration of the skin, and vitamin therapy.
THE USE OF EXTERNAL FUNDS. To neutralize acute symptoms of psoriasis you can use topical treatments treatment that is recommended in the first place. The positive effect during exacerbation provide the following ointment:
- external funds with the inclusion of tar and solidol.
Therapy of acute forms of psoriasis ointments has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory effects, accelerating the exfoliation of the scales. It is important to remember that the treatment (local and General) is only performed after consultation with a physician, since some drugs can have side effects and self-medication can lead to negative results.
PHYSIOTHERAPY. During exacerbation of psoriatic symptoms shown the following activities:
- cryotherapy — the low temperatures greatly reduce the inflammation;
- phototherapy — ultraviolet rays suppress the immune activity, affecting the healing process;
- hirudotherapy — the use of leeches is most effective when exacerbation of psoriatic arthritis.
In addition, doctors recommend to treat psoriatic exacerbation in the resorts of the Black and Dead sea, where the most favorable climate.
FOLK METHODS OF TREATMENT. Almost all patients who suffer from this disease over a long period of time know how to remove the aggravation of psoriasis using traditional medicine.
The most popular recipes during exacerbation:
- at home it is recommended to prepare a lotion from a mixture of medicinal herbs (licorice, burdock root, calamus, nettle and Bidens) taken in equal amounts. A mixture of herbs (1 St.. L.) brewed with hot water and left to cool, after which the solution moistened clean cloth and applied to the inflamed area of the skin;
- quite often during exacerbation used the ointment from the inner pork fat + dry grass toadflax. Fat previously waterlogged and adds Lanka, after which the ointment is cooled and used for its intended purpose;
- to enhance the therapeutic effect in the home, it is recommended to use the bath with addition of sea salt.
It must be remembered that fast cure for psoriasis is impossible, but when all the conditions (diet, prevention and medication therapy) the likelihood of achieving long-term remission is high enough.