Psoriasis in children is diagnosed at any age. This chronic disease can affect even infants and newborns, in recent years, cases of child psoriasis in preschool children. When the first signs of disease is essential to start comprehensive treatment. The sooner you will be able to achieve a state of stable remission, the better for the baby's health.
Causes of child psoriasis
Children psoriasis is systemic. To its development cause disturbances in the functioning of the immune system when the body can not resist the harmful effects of external factors.
Doctors are unable to select a single reason that causes illness in a child. But there are a number of reasonable assumptions:
- Genetic predisposition – if the family were diagnosed cases of psoriasis, the probability of development of the child is increased by 30%. If this disease affects both parents, it increases to 80%. But we only inherit a predisposition to the disease, and therefore, with proper care for the child is likely to avoid it.
- Disorders of the nervous system – negative emotions, stress, sudden changes in life (change of school, birth of a second child) can prompt the onset of the disease.
- Metabolic disturbances – lack of vitamins and minerals.
- The presence of parasites worms absorb nutrients, secrete large amounts of toxins that adversely affects the child's body. Often there are skin reactions, psoriasis.
- Infection childhood psoriasis often appears after the transfer of infectious diseases. It can trigger a sore throat, flu, colds.
- Dysfunction of the endocrine system – the hormonal imbalance triggers the psoriasis.
- Liver disease – in case of disturbances in the work of this body, the body is unable to neutralize toxins, which could lead to the development of psoriasis. Most often psoriasis in children first diagnosed in the cold season. Significantly increases the risk of development and injury of the skin.
Symptoms of psoriasis in children
Signs of psoriasis in an infant is much different from the symptoms of this disease in an adult. In children at the initial stage appear red rash in skin folds (gluteal region, axilla), on the head, face, genitals. Also it is localized in places that are under constant friction with clothes. The rash rarely occurs on the palms and feet. The rash resembles intertrigo, but it is the main symptom of psoriasis – ball Horny papules exfoliate in the bath. Gradually, the delicate skin covered with a layer of scales-crusts. Small solitary papules merge into conglomerates. Their size gradually increases, covering large areas of the epidermis. In most cases, the rash itches, bringing the child great discomfort. He is scratching the papules, the risk of infection.
Stage of the child's psoriasis and their symptoms
- Progressive – the appearance of fine rash of red or bright pink. It itches, flakes, increases in size and spreads through the skin. The rash quickly covered with cracks, starting to bleed. Unlike adults, children have almost no phenomenon of stearic spots, the terminal film. In severe advanced stage the child's body temperature rises, condenses the surface of the epidermis, enlarged lymph nodes, there is swelling of the skin, severe redness.
- Stationary – the formation of new lesions and their growth stops, decreases the intensity of the peeling.
- Regressive – the rash begins to gradually dissolvere. After her disappearance on the skin appear depigmented headbands.
In the complete disappearance of the symptoms of the disease comes into remission. Its duration depends on the characteristics of child care, in particular diet. The recurrence of the disease in children is often the result of the transfer of infectious diseases.
Distinguish between different types of psoriasis in children. They are classified depending on the symptoms and peculiarities of localization of the lesions. The main forms of the disease:
- Libero psoriasis. Is in children up to one year. Rashes are localized mainly in the buttock area. Due to the constant contact with feces and urine, the result of the diaper rubbing the skin in this area gets irritated, so the disease difficult to diagnose. Parents often take this rash for dermatitis, which prevents to start the treatment.
- Tabula (mild) psoriasis. The most common form of the disease in children. Its characteristic symptoms on the surface of the skin causing spots of red. First, they are small, but rapidly increase in diameter, beginning to peel off. The basis of papule has a dense texture. On top they are covered with a loose layer of scales, which are easily separated. Tabula localized papules on various parts of the body, but most often occur in the area of the bend of the elbows and knees, scalp.
- Guttate psoriasis. The body is covered with large number of lesions that form look like straw, which have a small size and convex shape. Papules rise above the surface of the epidermis and cortices. They cover the head, arms and legs and torso. The rash may disappear independently or to escalate into a tabula psoriasis. At the age of 4-5 years, this form of the disease triggered by streptococcal infection.
- Generativus pustular psoriasis. Develops suddenly and very quickly. In a short period of time large areas of skin become inflamed, covered ulcera. Affected areas of epidermis hurt. This form of psoriasis are dangerous because it provokes serious complications. It can lead to diseases of internal organs, in particular kidneys, heart.
- pustular psoriasis.Strikes children older than 7 years. In infants and preschoolers is rare. It is a severe form of disease, in which there is swelling of the skin, and its surface is covered with blisters filled with noninfectious exudo. Often accompanied by inflammation of the lymph nodes.
- Erythrodermic psoriasis. A very dangerous form, provocaverunt praesent thermoregulation of the body. Expressed in generativus inflammation of the epidermis, intense peeling. Is accompanied by severe itching and pain. Large areas of the skin begin to flake off. Can lead to death, especially if the child is small.
- Psoriasis flexion surfaces. Is on the curves of the body, most often in the area of the inner thigh, crotch, genital organs. The body is covered with red spots. They are smooth and not cortices, but slightly convex.
- Arthropathic psoriasis. It affects the joints. Symptoms of this form of the disease – muscle rigidity, they cease to be movable, joints and fingers swell and swell. Knees, fingers, wrists, my ankles hurt, there is a feeling of General discomfort. You may receive conjunctivitis. The type of psoriasis, it is divided into types: winter or summer regardless of the season, if there is a recurrence, the majority of children of the winter form; first appeared – if the symptoms appear for the first time; continuously recurrent – continuous exacerbation of the disease; indeterminate form.
- The nail psoriasis. Clavum striking plate. Its symptoms depend on the form. There are the following varieties:
- naperstkovidnym – on nails are formed of small recesses, which visually they are similar to the thimble;
- nicomedes – separating the nails from the bed very quickly;
- onycholysis is the gradually separating from the nail bed, while inflammatory processes are absent, around the base of the nail is the border yellow pink color;
- trachyonychia the nail thickens, becomes rough, its surface becomes wavy, the edges are raised;
- subungual hemorrhaging under the nail surface appear stripes and spots are red-pink hue;
- psoriatic paronychia the skin around the nail and the finger thicken, this is accompanied by intense inflammatory processes.
Diagnosis of child psoriasis
Diagnosis of psoriasis is a dermatologist. He inspects the baby, said, when rashes, manifests itself as disease, or are old people who suffer from this disease. To diagnose children, especially under 1 year of age solely on visual inspection is difficult because there are often no classic symptoms of the disease: stearic stain, a terminal film and the "bloody dew". To accurately verify the presence of psoriasis will allow the analysis of scrapings taken from the surface of the lesions.
Treatment of psoriasis in children
Children, psoriasis patients need a comprehensive treatment. Quickly achieve the state of remission will help the systemic therapy that simultaneously aimed at eliminating the symptoms and strengthening the body as a whole. Consider the basic methods of treatment.
Medicines for external use
Effective for elimination of the papules, and struck the skin. This group includes:
- salicylic ointment 1-2% is contraindicated in infants;
- sulphur-tar ointment 2-3%; boric ointment;
- glucocorticoid ointment 0.5% – "Locacorten", "Flucinar", "Prednisolone";
- inhibitors of phosphodiesterase – papaverina ointment 1% and teofillina ointment 5% for the treatment of psoriasis, hit pilosus part of the head;
- steroid creams and ointments – "Instructio A", "Haec solutio" and other creams from psoriasis;
- heparin ointment for chronic plaques.
Medicines for internal use:
- desensitizing means three times a day shown to make a solution of calcium gluconate 5% a teaspoon, length is determined by the physician;
- sedatives to children can be a tincture of Valerian;
- antihistamine medication to relieve itching for 7-10 days to take "Tavegil", "Suprastin", in acute conditions injections are administered at a light – you can assign tablets;
- tranquilizers – in rare cases are assigned to older children, you can apply "Tazepam", "Seduksen";
- vitamins to strengthen the immune system, ascorbic acid, B12, B15, D, A, E, drink three times per day, use several months;
- pyrogenic drugs to activate protective functions of the organism, normalization of vascular permeability, assign 8-10 injections "Pirogenal", children older than 3 years;
- corticosteroids – in severe cases, appointed by the course of 2-3 weeks with a gradual dose reduction.
To quickly cure psoriasis and to achieve a state of remission, you need to follow a proper diet:
- excluded from the diet of cakes, muffin, sweet, fatty and fried meals, chocolate;
- to limit the intake of citrus fruits;
- drink plenty of fluids;
- replace sugary drinks with herbal teas;
- the basis of the diet – vegetables, herbs, recenter juices, lean meats, lean fish.
To minimize the risk of disease and prolong the period of remission, follow the simple rules:
- while bathing do not use aggressive funds and hard sponges;
- teach your child to avoid cuts, burns, skin injuries; protect the child from contact with skin to direct sunlight;
- prefer clothes made of natural fabrics; follow the child's diet; carefully pick up the medications;
- try to have a child was dominated by a positive emotional state.
In case of minimum suspicion that he has developed psoriasis, consult a dermatologist. It is a serious disease because it to heal can only say a competent doctor. Do not self-medicate, because the sooner will be passed effective therapy, the faster you will be able to reach a state of stable remission. Despite the fact that psoriasis is not treated in a correct and timely approach to minimize the number of relapses of the disease.