Psoriasis - what is it, where, symptoms, treatment & diet Psoriasis is the most common type of chronic dermatosis. Statistics show that this disease hurting about 5 percent of the world's population. From the article, you will learn what psoriasis is, where it happens, what its symptoms and how to treat at home.
Psoriasis is non-infectious and not contagious chronic disease. At the same time, the disease is dangerous and gives the wearer discomfort that can impact on quality of life.
The first signs of psoriasis
Psoriasis is accompanied by the emergence of spots on skin dry red spots. However, not every patient manifest visible signs and pronounced skin lesions. Spots called plaques. They represent areas of chronic inflammation characterized by excessive growths of skin lymphocytes and macrophages.
The duration of the life cycle of skin cells psoriasis does not exceed 5 days, after which they die. In normal cells live for a month. According to doctors, psoriasis is systemic. A striking proof of this are the diseases and disorders that appear in patients.
In most cases, the plaques appear on the skin that are regularly exposed to friction and pressure - buttocks, knees and elbows. There are cases when psoriasis affects the head, face, genitals, hands and feet.
Psoriasis is an extremely dangerous disease, which is accompanied by recurrent pain, itching, and covered with cracks that ooze, skin. This is just the tip of the iceberg, once you show serious complications. Patients may develop a specific form of arthritis that is considered the most dangerous manifestation of psoriasis. Confirm a diagnosis without clinical examination is impossible.
Where is psoriasis
None of the parts of the human body is not immune from the appearance of psoriatic plaques. I propose to consider the places where psoriasis is most often.
On the head
On the head psoriasis is a common disease of the skin and appears as a single red plaques covered by thick scales. Exfoliated flakes resemble dandruff, the patient feels severe itching, and thick crusts may bleed. In some cases, it is not excluded premises temporary hair loss.
On the body
Notice the red spots of psoriasis on the feet, hands, palms, even on the nail plates of hands and feet. Because psoriasis is a chronic disease, periods of improvement of a condition alternating with repeated relapses. The size of the plaques is determined by the severity and stage of disease.
On the nails
Affected by psoriasis and the nail plates that flake and change color. Is accompanied by unpleasant sensations and pain syndromes. The pathology is chronic and occurs in waves. Psoriasis of the nails gives the person psychological and physical discomfort. Prolonged treatment and helps only to eliminate the symptoms of dermatitis and return to normal life.
Stages of psoriasis
Modern doctors have identified 3 stages of psoriasis. Symptoms and treatment depend directly on stage.
The main stages of psoriasis
On the body appear pixelated elements, which are characterized by peripheral growth. They merge with each other, as a result, instead of small rashes are large plaques of different shape and size. With progressive psoriasis rash sometimes found on the spot of skin injuries, scratches, cuts, bites, burns or injections.
This stage begins a few weeks after the appearance of the disease. In this phase, new spots do not appear. Old cutaneous education covered a large number of scales silvery-white hue.
Up to this point the plaque dissolves and become pale in color. Around the eruptions the skin is discoloured. The duration of the regressive phase is several months. Under the influence of the treatment of the disease takes place, leaving several duty spots.
Sadly, completely cure psoriasis is rarely. During treatment, the disease goes into a latent phase, the duration of which is months, years and even decades. If there's another relapse depends largely on the patient advice and doctor appointments.
Symptoms and causes of psoriasis
The results of recent studies are striking. Psoriasis occurs in a large number of the world's population of all ages. The peak falls at fifteen years of age.
Doctors have not managed to compile a list of the exact causes of psoriasis. I propose to consider the reasons depending on the character.
- Virus. Viruses that negatively affect the lymph nodes. It is very difficult to identify these microorganisms and determine their habitat. It is noteworthy that the patient's blood after transfusion of a healthy patient. Therefore, this cause of psoriasis is considered to be unproven.
- Immune. A recognized cause. The trigger is considered a genetic process in which disturbed immune link. Infectious disease, sore throat or sinusitis, may lead to the emergence of psoriasis.
- Infectious. Initially, scientists believed that the cause of the spirochetes, streptococci and even epidermofitona. The results of studies have not confirmed this theory. A new hypothesis suggests that the development of psoriasis cause infectious diseases, including strep throat and the flu.
- Genetic. We are talking about a hereditary tendency to the disease. Clinical practice shows that the manifestations of scaly depriving many, however, trace the connection with hereditary predisposition is not always possible.
- At the initial stage of the disease appear on the skin rashes. In the list of common sites: head, cross, elbows and knees.
- The skin is covered with nodules of red color with white scales. Initially, a cutaneous education of not more than a pinhead, however, over time they increase.
- Later the spots grow and merge, forming plaque. The appearance of rash accompanied by high fever, itching, burning sensation, enlarged lymph nodes.
- If the disease progresses to the second stage, the appearance of new spots ceased. Old education begins to peel, itch and cause discomfort.
- Sometimes psoriasis affects the joints. They swell and lose their original mobility. Lack of treatment can lead to disability.
How to treat psoriasis at home
The technique of treatment of psoriasis is improved regularly. Each year, new drugs and techniques. However, there is a method of treating dermatitis, which ensures a perfect result. In the twenty-first century medicine is powerless in front of the psoriasis.
During the Inquisition, psoriasis was considered a disease of the damned people. For this reason, treated the disease only the conspirators and sorcerers, who acted in the strictest secrecy. Today everything is different, pharmacies sell specialized medicines, but also folk remedies, remain valid.
In the treatment of psoriasis at home help decoctions and infusions. They purify the blood, normalize the nervous and digestive system, improve immunity. This will create the conditions under which psoriasis will not be able to develop normally.
- Infusion of burdock. Recipe: steamed tablespoon of burdock Cup boiling water and infuse for an hour, covered. The mixture drain, squeeze and add boiling water to fill the glass. Use the product suggest 4 times a day before meals. This will allow to get rid of psoriasis and normalize the stomach.
- Root infusion. A spoonful of dandelion root mixed with the same amount of burdock root, pour a small Cup of boiling water and boil on low heat for exactly 10 minutes. Infusion of strain and drink hot at 100 milliliters before meals.
- Barley water. Two tablespoons of barley malt flour to fall asleep in a thermos, add a liter of boiling water and infuse for 4 hours. After straining, the tool is ready for use. Adding honey or sugar, the taste of the drug will become more enjoyable. Use barley water recommended 6 times a day half a Cup.
- A decoction of Laurel. 20 grams Bay leaves medium size to smash and dissolve the two cups of boiling water. The potion boil for 10 minutes, strain, cool and drink three times a day for 0.5 cups. The duration of treatment is 7 days.
- Infusion of celandine. Teaspoon of herbs celandine pour a glass of hot water and set aside at least half an hour. Broth is recommended to drink 30 minutes before a meal. Celandine is toxic, so the dosage does not change.
Traditional medicine offers, and targeting external treatment remedies from psoriasis - lotions, lotions and ointments. Such folk remedies eliminate redness, reduce discomfort and swelling.
- Ointment of lard. 0, 5 cups of fresh grease to mix with the same amount of grass ustionem stonecrop, treating the resulting composition is a meat grinder, add 2 tablespoons of camphor oil and heat. During heating the mixture constantly disturbed.
- Garlic compress. With a couple of cloves of garlic using a press to make a slurry, pour a small Cup of boiling water and infuse for 3-5 hours. Ready infusion used as a compress several times a day.
- Ointment eggs. A glass of butter to combine with a Cup of vinegar and one raw egg, mix thoroughly and place on a week in the fridge. The resulting ointment applied to affected psoriasis skin 7-8 times a day.
- Fish oil. If you aspire to get rid of psoriasis, come to the rescue of fish oil. Apply to the affected skin three times a day.
- Lotion of celandine. Juice of celandine to wipe the plaque. The lotion only helps with mild psoriasis. Folk medicine offers a number of facilities for the treatment of psoriasis. Don't forget that folk methods do not replace the advice of your doctor and medication.
Diet for psoriasis
Nutritionists have developed several dozens of diets. Foods that should be included in the diet of psoriasis patients.
- Vegetables. The vegetables are bright in color contain antioxidants, which reduce inflammation.
- Porridge from cereals. Buckwheat, oatmeal and brown rice contain antioxidants and fiber.
- Lentils, peas, beans, tofu. They contain plant fiber and protein.
- Vegetable fats. We are talking about avocados, seeds, nuts and vegetable oils. Saturated fats protect cells from damage and help to cope with the rash.
- Fish. Source of protein and mineral acids. Fish dishes can be eaten in a day. In this case the user should choose salmon, sardinis, mackerel and tuna.
- Meat. Ideally, it is recommended to choose low-fat varieties, chicken or Turkey.
Alcoholic beverages it is better to limit, at least initially. In some people, alcohol triggers a new exacerbation.
In General, you need to eat nutritious foods daily and to enter into the diet of new foods rich in vitamins. A whole day to eat one cereal is not necessary.
Effective treatment of psoriasis (up to 3 options)
- Infusion of burdock
- Root infusion
- Barley water
- A decoction of Laurel
- Infusion of celandine
- Ointment of lard
- Garlic compress
- Ointment eggs
- Fish oil
- Lotion of celandine
- Salicylic ointment
- Negalogenizirovanny glucocorticoids