Psoriasis refers to non-infectious dermatological diseases with a chronic course. Pathology is recurrent in nature and manifests itself in the form of skin lesions.
Psoriasis on the head not present a significant threat to health, but he often provokes the development of psychological complexes and even becomes the reason for social isolation of the patients: indeed, this part of the body is always in sight, and unattractive crust can't hide from others. The disease can occur in people of any age but is more common in young.
The causes of the disease
The specific causes of psoriasis scalp not yet been identified. Today there are several theories of its origin. In accordance with one of the most popular there are two varieties of the disease:
- The first develops due to damage of immune system hereditary nature. This form appears mainly to 25 years.
- Symptoms of psoriasis the second type occur in the middle age group – from about 37-40 years of age and older. This form more often affects the nail plate, joints and rarely the scalp.
Proponents of the theory claim that the disease can develop solely due to violations of the functioning of the immune system due to the impact of different factors:
- a wrong diet;
- infectious diseases;
- cold climate;
- the intake of alcoholic beverages.
A well-known fact that alcohol worsen psoriasis.
On the severity of the disease also affects the use of certain products: vinegar, chocolate, pepper. According to this theory psoriasis is considered a systemic disease. This means that due to serious irregularities in the functioning of the immune system pathological process with the hair of the scalp may spread to the internal organs or tissues, resulting in psoriatic arthritis.
Supporters of all the existing theories agree on one thing: psoriasis is a multifactorial disease, and its development is due to many reasons. The most frequent of them:
- violation of metabolic processes;
- endocrine disorders;
- immunological shifts;
- the presence of foci of inflammation in the body;
- infectious diseases;
- hormonal status changes – this reason is relevant in adolescence, during pregnancy and at the onset of menopause;
- injuries that lead to a breach of the skin of the head;
- diseases of the digestive tract;
- nervous tension;
- prolonged exposure to cold on the skin;
- exposure to toxic compounds;
- bad habits.
Localization of lesions on the head
Psoriasis on the scalp is the most common form of the disease. It is found in more than 60% of cases. If untreated, the pathology often becomes more serious. Psoriatic lesions are localized mainly at the following sites:
- the skin over the ears, with the earlobes;
- the forehead, back of the head;
- the back of the neck;
- parting the hairy part.
Form of the disease
That looks like it's a nasty disease depends on the stage of the pathological process. Psoriasis occurs in two forms:
- easy – its main manifestation is the appearance on the head with small isolated lesions, covered with thin scales of small size;
- heavy – psoriasis affects the scalp completely, the size scales are much larger and they are much thicker than in mild severity of the disease.
Within pathology there are several stages:
- Progressive, during which new elements and existing rash spreading to the periphery (the so-called phenomenon Kebnera).
- Stationary during this phase is not observed the appearance of new pathological elements, however, the old also do not disappear.
- Regression, during which the symptoms of psoriasis scalp gradually disappear, and are replaced by lesions devoid of pigment spots.
Depending on the season of the manifestation of the disease distinguish the autumn, between seasons and summer forms.
Symptoms of psoriasis on the head
Early signs of psoriasis on the head is psoriatic lesions. At first the rash manifests as papules pink in color, sometimes rounded, covered with small scales. A characteristic feature of these papules is the peripheral growth, which is accompanied by the formation of plaques.
- In the early stage of the disease is not observed pronounced clinical symptoms. In General, patients did not make any complaints.
- The development of this pathology leads to easy peeling, which is accompanied by skin itching and irritation.
- The next stage is characterized by the accession of the inflammatory process, with increased itching and irritation.
- Scratching skin causes the appearance of small cracks, abrasions, wounds.
- Further progression of the pathological process leads to the replacement of peeling plaques large size, thickening and roughness of skin.
- Typical symptom of psoriasis is the exfoliation of the epithelial cells on the scalp and dandruff.
- The cells increase in size, thicken and start to resemble the white flakes.
- The skin is covered by large red scaly plaques, there is an increase in itching. The scratching and irritation when exposed comb hurt her cause aggravation of process and the further progression of the disease.
- There is a significant decrease in skin elasticity as a result it is easily damaged.
- Further progression of psoriasis is more severe symptoms: the active exfoliation of the formed on the head tubercles and plaques ends with the appearance of grayish scales, which gradually cover the whole skin under the hair.
- The lack of treatment leads to the spread of the process over the line of hair growth.
The treatment of the disease
For the treatment of psoriasis on the scalp is applied a complex of measures, which includes:
- a common therapy;
- topical treatment;
- the Spa treatment.
The essence of the overall medical treatment of psoriasis of the head is the appointment of the following drugs:
- means nonspecific immunotherapy: pirogenala, ATP, aloe, etc.;
- vitamin complexes;
- aromatic retinoids;
- solution gemodeza intravenous drip injection;
- calcified autologous blood.
Inclusion in the treatment course of corticosteroids and cytotoxic drugs is advisable in severe psoriasis and a significant expression of symptoms on the scalp. Apply them should be very careful: this may trigger a worsening of the disease.
To treat psoriasis with antibiotics is possible only in case of secondary infection of the scalp.
Preparations and preparations for the local treatment of
Of the medications for the treatment of local manifestations of psoriasis used
- agens ointments;
- glucocorticoid ointments — they are prescribed only in severe course of the disease.
Effective means of local treatment is a drug which is composed of concentrated acids. Available in the form of a solution, which should handle the affected areas of the scalp.
To treat the psoriasis on the head with this group of drugs, of course, impossible. Psychotropic drugs are used to:
- reduce or eliminate related illness depression, increased anxiety, social anxiety;
- increase the stability of the patient to stress;
- reduce the frequency and severity of exacerbations of the disease on the background of nervous tension;
- improve sleep quality;
- reduce itching (one of the preparations, with additional antihistamine effects).
Psoriasis use the following tools:
The use of these drugs for the treatment of psoriasis is associated with a risk of aggravation of the disease, including a high likelihood of developing States that are not stopped by traditional medicine against psoriasis. In particular, it relates to serotonergic antidepressants. Antipsychotics often provoke an increase in the number of growth hormone and prolactin in the blood, and this leads to greater severity of symptoms of psoriasis.
Is it possible to cure psoriasis on the head with a shampoos? As a rule, the use of even a very effective shampoo is not enough. However, the use of special medicinal resources in complex therapy is essential for treatment success.
On scalp psoriasis can be treated with the following types of shampoos:
- shampoos with ketoconazole;
Physical therapy and other treatments
For the treatment of psoriasis on the head carry out the following activities:
- PUVA therapy;
- ultraviolet irradiation;
- the erbium laser irradiation;
The advice of traditional medicine
How to cure psoriasis on the head, using traditional recipes? As an independent means they are not effective. But additionally, using home recipes for treating psoriasis on the scalp is quite effective.
300 grams of herb celandine mince, the resulting mass squeeze the juice. Add to it 30 ml of dry red wine. Moisten the affected areas of the scalp with this mixture. Leave at least 15 minutes, then rinse thoroughly.
To lubricate the scalp in alcohol tincture of celandine. To make it a quarter Cup of dry grass pour ½ liter of rubbing alcohol and leave for a few hours. It is a folk remedy for psoriasis has a strong effect and can cause skin irritation. With the appearance of unpleasant sensations should be washed neutral means, and hair rinse with chamomile infusion.
Tincture, prepared on the basis of young of sunflower, has a pronounced anti-inflammatory effect and prevents further growth of bacteria. The following is recommended as a folk medicine remedy suitable for the treatment of psoriasis, accompanied by an infectious lesion of the hairy part of the scalp.
Two baskets of sunflower it is necessary to thoroughly wash and finely chop and pour approximately 100 ml of white wine. Cover the pot with a lid and leave for 48 hours, after which squeeze the juice. It should be used as a compress. It is also recommended to just lubricate the skin with sunflower tincture.
Mix vaseline or light grease (300 g) with two proteins of eggs, add a spoonful of white honey and a spoonful of powdered herbs celandine. To smear ointment on the affected skin.
Psoriasis on the head can be cured using at home the stems of wild rose. Dried branches should be burned, gather the ash in a clean container, mix with an equal amount of vaseline and use as a topical ointment. As a rule, the daily application of the effect appears after week. Because this remedy leads to rapid contamination of hair, they are encouraged each day to wash with soap or a special therapeutic shampoo.
Treatment with folk remedies also involve the use of infusions and decoctions for internal ingestion.
One of the most effective recipes against psoriasis on the head — the infusion of Sambucus nigra. It should take 1 / 2 Cup (better after eating — in about an hour). Prepare the tool as follows: pour a spoonful of elderberry flowers 450 ml of boiling water, insist half an hour.
Sufficiently effective treatment for psoriasis of the head is recommended in folk medicine collection:
- the root of elecampane;
- the black elderberry flowers;
- leaves cranberries;
- horsetail (herb);
- calamus root;
- St. John's wort;
- the celandine.
All components are mixed in equal proportions. Dessert spoon of the mixture brew 250 ml of water. You need to make ½ Cup.
Mix a spoon of honey with egg white and a small amount of baby shampoo. Apply on affected areas, leave on for quarter-hour, wash it off.
Preventive measures to prevent recurrence of the disease in psoriasis include:
- observance of rules of personal hygiene.
- Smoking cessation;
- exclusion alcoholic beverages;
- prevention of stressful situations;
- regulation of the regime of work and rest;
- following a special diet.
Diet for psoriasis is very important. Should:
- to limit the amount of fats, carbohydrates, sugars;
- to give up fried;
- to avoid spicy, spices, marinades, canned foods, condiments – anything that affects the mucosa of the stomach and intestines irritating and leads to clogging of the body.