The sooner people realize that he has psoriasis, and begin appropriate treatment, the higher the chances that the disease will not be in running form. To accurately determine that you have the symptoms of this skin disease, you need to know, how does the initial stage of psoriasis. The disease has characteristic features which allow first glance to diagnose. To learn more about them you can from the article: below are given not only symptom descriptions, but a photo of the initial stages of psoriasis.
How to start a psoriasis and what is this disease
Psoriasis is a skin disease of inflammatory nature, which cannot be cured. Once faced with the disease, a person becomes a victim for life.
The disease develops due to improper immune response of the organism to various external and internal stimuli. The causes of psoriasis include injury to the dermis, the violation of metabolic processes in the body, weak immune system, severe hypothermia, and many other reasons.
The symptoms of psoriasis are easily confused with a variety of dermatitis, because many skin disease accompanied by the appearance of red rashes on body that itch and flake. In order to distinguish the disease from other important to find out how does psoriasis at the initial stage.
The first stage of psoriasis accompanied by the formation in various parts of the body psoriatic lesions single or multiple character. On the body, arms, legs, face are characterized by red or pink spots that often have clearly defined boundaries. Clear boundaries can be seen on photos of psoriasis in the article.
How does psoriasis
Many patients are interested in how to distinguish psoriasis from diseases such as diathesis, allergic? To answer this question exactly impossible. The main distinctive feature is the location of the lesions. Psoriatic plaque, in most cases, appear on areas of the body, unusual allergic rash. Psoriasis affects places that are subjected to mechanical friction, for example, clothes, shoes.
In order to understand the impact of psoriasis, should study in detail the stage of development of pathology.
Stage of development of psoriasis
The disease is characterized by a chronic course that includes periods of exacerbation of symptoms and remission. A decrease in the manifestations of psoriasis usually occurs in the warm season under the influence of sunlight. In winter, late autumn and early spring the symptoms of the disease worsen.
There are three stages of the disease:
- Progressive (primary) stage of psoriasis is manifested as the typical rash a reddish-pink color that appears on the skin. In the beginning of the disease the rash is small, its diameter is several millimeters, but as the progression of the disease lesion area increases due to the merging of separate lesions in one big spot. As a result, formed the so-called psoriatic plaques which are areas rounded lesions, hot to the touch and slightly raised above the healthy skin. Around the affected areas, you may notice reddened inflamed areas. Rash accompanied by itching. Its intensity varies in each case: some patients hardly suffer from the itching, while in others the skin psoriasis itchy. Then begins the peeling of the affected areas.
- After progressing stage begins a period of relative stability. New eruptions do not appear, the old dry, itching is reduced.
- The final period is reflected in the decrease in the number of lesions. From the affected areas gradually separated earlier formed crust or plaque (depending on the variety of psoriasis), revealing a layer of smooth pink skin. In some cases, the site of the former lesions remain depigmented patches.
Symptoms early stages of psoriasis
The first signs of the disease depend on the variety of disease. Below we'll look at how to recognize psoriasis at the initial stage in different occasions.
- Pustular (exudative). The initial stage of psoriasis, this type is characterized by the appearance on the skin small bubbles or blisters filled with clear or yellowish fluid. The disease usually begins abruptly, in some cases, the first signs of disease can occur even within a few hours. Eruptions are accompanied by local fever, headache, weakness, nausea. Blisters may itch, but combing them is not recommended. If the bubble is open, the cavity can get infected, which can lead to inflammation and suppuration. In addition, in place of scratching may remain unsightly scars. With the development of the disease the number of lesions increases, the individual bubbles merge into large "lakes", the skin around them is very red and becomes hot. Over time, the blisters burst and in their place formed a dry crust of red, pink or white.
- Vulgaris (plaque, normal, normal). This is the most common type of psoriasis. His initial degree is easy to recognize: the skin there are roundish red patches, slightly raised above the healthy skin. The outer contour of these lesions are clearly visible: it has a red color due to the inflammatory process, which began around the rash. The diameter of the lesions at the initial stage can vary from 1 to several cm Over time they increase in size and merge with adjacent areas of the lesions, forming the so-called psoriatic plaques. Gradually on the surface of plaques with a characteristic plaque white or gray color, which resembles melted wax. Thanks to this analogy psoriatic plaques called "paraffin lakes". The plaque has a loose structure and can be easily scraped off, revealing a smooth under the skin red or pink color. During the procedure she begins to drip bleed (this is the so-called phase of "blood dew"). With the development of the disease psoriasis patches dry up and eventually disappear. Under them you can see red or depigmented patches of skin.
- Drip (teardrop-shaped). It is the second most common (after vulgar) type of the disease. The initial stage of psoriasis guttate type is characterized by the appearance on the patient's body small (1-3 mm in diameter) lesions papules. They look like drops of red. First, the number of the papules, and their size may not cause concern. However, as the disease progression of the rash becomes more and more over time, they can cover almost all of the body. Changing the size of the papule: if early in the disease their diameter is 1-3 mm, then after a while they merge into a large spot size up to 10 cm during the initial stage of droplet-type psoriasis papules usually are not inflamed, however, if they scratch, you can get infected: this leads to inflammation and suppuration. As the progression of the disease the papules dry up on top of them are formed by dry white flakes.
- Seborrheic psoriasis scalp. The defeat exposed the scalp, forehead, neck in the neck, areas around the ears. The main symptom of the initial stages of psoriasis of the scalp the appearance of thicker white or yellow scales that resemble dandruff. The skin is scaly, itchy and itchy area around the flakes red and inflamed. In some cases, the appearance of purulent crusts. Progressive stage of the disease can cause great physical and psychological discomfort. The hair of the patient is usually not affected: they do not fall out and have the same growth rate, which was observed before the disease. The defeat exposed exclusively the skin of the scalp.
- Palmar-plantar. This type of psoriasis affects the palms and fingers of hands and soles of the patient. The rash may be presented as pustules and infiltrated plaques. While the rest of the body of the patient is usually do not suffer from a psoriatic rash. A characteristic feature of the initial stage of psoriasis on hands and feet – the presence of rough, dry scales, under which is a reddish-pink skin that is prone to bleeding. Also, the disease at an early stage is often accompanied by the formation of deep painful cracks.
- Psoriasis of the nail plate. The initial stage of this variety of the disease is characterized by the appearance on the nail plate small depressions and grooves, the gradual thickening of the nail, small petechial hemorrhages under the nail plate, change its color to white or yellow. The skin around the nail often becomes red and inflamed. Another variant of the disease – the gradual separation of the nail from the nail bed.
- Psoriatic arthritis. The disease can affect not only the skin but also the joints. Most often the initial stage of the disease manifests after the first signs of psoriasis of the skin. Joints change their shape, their flexion and extension becomes painful and problematic.
- Psoriasis mucous membranes. After a skin lesion, the disease can move to the mucous membranes. Most often, the defeat exposed the inner surface of the cheeks and genitals. To know the initial stage of psoriatic lesions of mucous membranes is possible by the appearance on them of the white crusts surrounded by a red inflamed areas.
Psoriasis in children: initial phase
The risk of this disease in children is because parents and even some doctors might mistake him for manifestations of the symptoms of simple allergies or atopic dermatitis. You can consider the characteristic features of psoriasis in children in the photo. The initial stage of the disease is somewhat different from the adult variant of the disease appears first in the skin folds and is accompanied with maceration of the Horny layer of the skin.
The initial phase of psoriasis treatment
It is important to know exactly how to treat the initial stage of psoriasis on the face, elbows, head and other parts of the body to prevent disease progression. Depending on the type, location and intensity of lesions the doctor will recommend the use of corticosteroid drugs, sedatives and protivozudnam drugs. Also used the creams, ointments, sprays. Their task is to soften the crust psoriasis, to nourish dry skin and fight inflammation.
Is there a cure for psoriasis at the initial stage in the home folk remedies?
If the disease is at an early stage, treatment of folk ways you can give a positive result. However, in any case, you need to consult with your doctor regarding the safety of a means.
Usually for the treatment of psoriasis at the initial stage in the home use birch tar, propolis, baking soda, juice of celandine, decoctions of herbs. The positive effect is the use of natural oils – sea buckthorn, olive, sunflower. You can also use essential oils – lavender, rosemary, tea tree. As for treatments, it can be bath, lotion, compresses, rinsing, preparation of homemade ointments and lotions.