Psoriasis is a fairly common ailment that is characterized by lesions of the dermis and mucous membranes, appearance of psoriatic plaques (papules red or pinkish color), malaise, itching, hyperemia of the dermis. From the development of the disease is not insured by any one person, nor small, nor old.
Pathology brings to life a person a lot of discomfort and discomfort. Besides, people who suffer from illness, have to constantly (in acute cases) to hide the problem under clothing.
Psoriasis is an incurable disease. Patients are assigned a treatment which helps to eliminate unpleasant symptoms and preventing relapse. Along with drug therapy and physical therapy, patients will be advised to adhere to the diet.
It is important to understand that treatment of a pathology is impossible without correction of the diet.
Diet in psoriasis contributes to a significant reduction in the intensity of symptoms and prolong periods of remission. Diet easy to stick in the home.
Fundamentals of nutrition
The complex of therapeutic measures has a positive effect in the fight against disease. Diet in this disease is an essential point in this complex. Observing the principles of nutrition and by eliminating the ingestion of prohibited products will be able to forget about the unpleasant manifestations of pathology. Diet effective in any type diseases (plantar, scalp). Adhering to therapeutic feeding, the result will be noticeable within a week.
There are many diets that help in preventing aggravation of the disease. Diets have some differences, however, the basics they are the same.
- Diet for psoriasis should be hypoallergenic.
- It is recommended to avoid alcohol consumption and Smoking.
- Clinical nutrition involves reducing salt intake.
- From the ingestion of foods containing preservatives, stabilizers, dyes and other additives synthesized, must be abandoned.
- The diet needs to be enriched plant food.
- Diet menus provides for the waiver of fast proteins (sweets, pastries).
- The diet should be enriched with cereals (rice, oat, buckwheat) and vegetable salads.
- Food should be consumed in small portions at least five times a day.
- It is recommended to introduce in the diet of low-fat dairy products.
- During diet you need to follow the regularity of bowel movement. If the appearance of constipation in the diet is necessary to introduce a vegetable fiber and vegetable oil.
- You also need to move more and drink plenty of fluids (at least two liters).
The advantages of the diet
Diet is an integral part of the treatment of diseases.
Its main advantages are:
- improving the condition of the skin;
- losing extra pounds;
- improving the functioning of the digestive tract;
- normalization of a chair.
It is important to understand that the diet for psoriasis should be permanent. The only way to prevent the recurrence of the disease.
Diet is contraindicated for people with pathologies of the CNS and SSS. This is due to the exclusion from the diet of substances which have a direct impact on the vascular system. If necessary, neutralize the acute attack pathology using power, menu, adjust with the obligatory account individual peculiarities of the organism.
In every diet for psoriasis has its own peculiarities. What products and dishes can be consumed people with this disease, which you should give up, ask your doctor.
As can be seen from the table of permitted and prohibited foods, people with psoriasis avoid products containing starch, particularly potatoes, citrus, strawberries, nuts. Not recommended the use of bananas, melons, corn, plums, mushrooms, lentils.
To appoint medical diet only by a qualified specialist. Not worth your own diet or to ask for advice from friends or rely on the reviews on a particular diet forums on the Internet. To clarify diet, learn the recipes of dishes in the attending physician.
Psoriasis treatment diet: list of banned and allowed foods to eat
People with this disease, all without exception, it is recommended that adherence to the therapeutic diet that helps to normalize the functioning of the body, improving metabolism and preventing relapses. Treatment of psoriasis diet is to eliminate consumption of certain products and replace it with healthy food.
For a given ailment are advised to avoid eating the following foods:
- Of herbs and spices. Psoriasis harmful spicy seasonings and products that contains them. The high content of essential oils and aromatic substances have a toxic effect on the human body. These substances cause irritation and the appearance of an intense itching of the skin, and therefore the worsening of the pathology.
- Nuts. Eating any nuts in the pathology prohibited. Peanuts is one of the most allergenic foods. People with this disease should avoid eating as well nuts and supplements. It is also forbidden the use of peanut butter.
- Of citrus peel. It in high concentrations contain essential oils that are toxic to people with psoriasis.
- Fatty types of meat. They contain arachidonic acid. This substance is one of the factors triggering inflammation and the appearance on the dermis of psoriatic plaques.
- Alcoholic beverages. Are not allowed to drink any alcoholic beverages, however, the strict restriction applies to wine beverages. During fermentation indicated the formation of aromatic substances, which provoke the development of allergic skin reactions. The pernicious influence of alcohol on the liver leads to failures in its functioning. The body cannot completely clear the body, and this means that it will accumulate waste, toxins and other harmful substances that often lead to relapse of psoriasis. Alcohol, even in minimal concentration provokes malabsorption of mineral nutrients, it strikes the immune system.
Food restrictions are not common. The body of each person is individual and special reacts differently to different products. Doctors do not recommend to give up everything. Before you can assign a diet specialists conduct individual testing of products.
Psoriasis treatment diet is very important. Eating the right foods will help in the improvement of health and prevention of disease exacerbations. It is recommended the consumption of fruits and vegetables (kiwi, beans, apricot, pineapple, carrots, berries, greens, cabbage), lean meat and fish, cereals, low-fat milk and dairy products.
In the treatment of psoriasis and for the prevention of exacerbations is necessary to provide the body with vitamins and minerals.
People with this pathology is recommended the introduction into the diet products, rich in:
- Ascorbic acid. This substance helps to strengthen the immune system. Sources of vitamin C are sweet peppers, kiwi, rose hips.
- Vitamin E. This substance in high concentrations found in sunflower seeds. People with the disease need daily to eat a few seeds. The vitamin helps to improve the condition of the dermis, and also minimize the manifestations of psoriasis and strengthen the Central nervous system.
- Vitamin B. the Deficiency of this substance is a violation of metabolism, which very adversely affects the condition of the dermis. People with disease need to diet buckwheat.
- Zinc. In the treatment of psoriasis diet is a big role for products that contain zinc. From this mineral depends on the protein metabolism, necessary for wound healing. In high concentrations zinc is found in sesame, pumpkin and seafood.
- Calcium. This mineral contributes to the desensitization of the organism, restoration of the dermis and accelerate healing of psoriatic elements. It is recommended to introduce in the diet ryazhenki, yogurt and cottage cheese.
People who suffer from the disease, we also advise you to use ginger. It helps to cleanse the body from toxic substances, and eliminating symptoms of disease. Ginger contains significant amounts of vitamins A, b, ascorbic acid and minerals. In addition, ginger is rich with amino acids. Specialists suggest to use as a Supplement to the first and second dishes.
Only complying with all recommendations of the doctor concerning the treatment of psoriasis diet it is possible to achieve maximum therapeutic effect. Besides proper nutrition will contribute to improving the functioning of all organs and systems, as well as weight loss.